The Doctors Wife?

SURPRISE!!!! Happy 1 year anniversary of this book!!! It's been one of the most rewarding fics I've written! So here is a long one-off for y'all! Make sure to leave comments for future one-offs you want to see!

-WritingAntics

- Doctor POV -

"Okay, alright I'm on my way!" I spun the Tardis crank and set coordinates for London, more specifically the old Torchwood building underground bunker. The sounds of the Tardis' wheezing confirmed that we were deep underground. "Whot is she getting us into now?" I rolled my eyes and slowly opened the Tardis door.

The underground lab had become y/ns sanctuary and workplace for a couple of months or at least since I had seen her last. Y/n was now working part-time with U.N.I.T, as a "consultant". Truly I had not been estatic about it but she said it kept her busy while I 'flew around'.

I walked around the concrete room, no y/n was in sight. Just piles of blueprints and old books. Suddenly from the entranceway came a crash, I turned and there was y/n standing looking shocked, surrounded by falling papers.

"Doctor!" y/n came bolting down the steps. Unable to stop it my mouth went wide with a giddy smile. It had been a long saw time since I had seen her. I'm sure, I could feel it. Opening my arms I embraced her into my chest, lifting her and spinning her around.

"Y/n ugh!" I squeezed, "how I've missed you!" I put her down looking into her eyes. Then her face, arms, and legs.

"Hey hey," she snapped in my face. "I'm fine. Look at me." she grabbed my cheeks in her hands. "I haven't regenerated."

"I'm sorry, y/n." I grabbed her shoulders, "You know I know how it feels and I just can't bare to think," She hushed me, and we locked eyes. "How long?"

"9 months 12 days and," she looked at the clock. "6 hours. But whos counting." she laughed. My eyes went big, I felt my chest grow tighter.

"Oh, y/n I'm so,"

"Please don't say I'm sorry. It's okay, we agreed that we could do this. Now," She clapped, she was obviously very busy. "down to why I called you here. UNIT gave me this mission and it involved the Silurians and this core. But I haven't been able to contact, them and." She continued going on a ramble for minutes and minutes.

"Y/n!" I grabbed her hand, stopping her from running about the room. She looked at me wide-eyed, how had I just noticed the deep sunken bags under her eyes? I was a bad husband, I laughed to myself. "One," I pulled her into myself, embracing her, she looked up as I brought her lips to mine, for a quick peck."Second, breathe. Have you gotten any sleep?"

"Yeah, yes, yes I have." she was lying, her cheeks flush. "Okay well, what is the point of being half time lord if you can't stay up, for a couple of days..."

"Go lay down, and rest for an hour, I'll read over the case." She rolled her eyes but didn't argue.

"If this is marriage then I sure am glad I have a husband." She pecked my lips once more and slowly walked to the small couch. "I love you."

"I know." She fell asleep within minutes.

Ever since y/n stopped traveling with me it took time to find a rhythm in all the madness. The truth is I was having a hard time telling her my time was almost up. The Ood's predictions would come true eventually, my song would end, and a new doctor would walk away. But we had so many ups and downs I couldn't bare her more... Wait a minute.

The file y/n handled me had a series of pictures, one being a big red ruby-like crystal. I recognized it instantly, "y/n I." She lay on her couch, already asleep. I would wait for her to wake up because I knew who had that ruby and how to get it.