3

Belphegor flinched, eyes opening wide.

Immediately, he sat up and grasped the sheets of his bed. His eyes darted around the surroundings, taking it all in.

The continuous ticking of the wall clock, the telescope with stars designing the exterior, the magenta hued blanket now tossed to the side...

The cursed barred 'door' that separated the room from the outside.

Right, he was in the attic where he was currently locked up.

Belphegor blinked twice, rubbing his eyelids gently to remove the sense of reverie remaining in his visage. A small tap reached his ear, prompting him to look at the source.

Something black was by the door.

Belphegor's vision blurred upon the sight of the very being that trapped him inside this room in the first place, isolating him from the rest. He snarled, repulsed at the mere sight.

"Why are you here?"

"..." Lucifer didn't say a word.

"...Ah, yes. Give me the old silent treatment. What a nice greeting from my dearest brother..." Belphegor resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Lucifer sighed at the remark.

"Belph-"

"Just leave. I don't want to have to see your face the moment I wake up." He looked away from the supposed entrance. The action elicited a sigh from the Avatar of Pride.

Belphegor's ears perked up upon the sound of heels clicking, walking away from the door and back to the stairs. He breathed out a huff.

"Ugh..."

His hand glossed over his face, recollecting his thoughts. His hand landed on his lap, gaze wandering over to them. Belphegor clenched his hands into fists, only to unfold them once more.

His mind blanked out, slowly drifting away.

A few moments passed, silence hovering above the room. A ghastly feeling remained in his palm, somewhat like he was holding into something soft.

A voice echoed through his head.

- - -

"You're dreaming, stupid."

- - -

Belphegor perked up, scanning the room before his brows scrunched up in thought.

Right...

It was...

...Hard to recall something in a dream, even if you just woke up a few seconds ago.

Though, since when was he one to get distraught of such a thing? Aren't dreams just something your brain makes up to entertain you?

- - -

"...Maybe your brain just wants to believe you're not lonely."

- - -

Belphegor pressed his lips together, plopping back down the mattress. He groaned out exasperatedly, wanting to dismiss the frustration building up slowly.

"...I'm not lonely."

- - -

"...You tell me to call out to you, but I don't even know your name."

"...You don't need to know, Belphegor." You faced his direction and smiled genuinely.

- - -

By the side of his bed, he could barely see a paper and a pencil that he found by rummaging through the cabinets of the attic a few days ago.

He grasped the pencil, wanting to write at least a single sentence or something so that he could use that as base and try to recall his strange and unusual dream.

Though, he couldn't deny that he couldn't recall so much.

He squeezed the pencil before sighing softly.

── ⋅ ⋅ ────✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅──

You didn't tell me your name,

But you had a really pretty smile.

── ⋅ ⋅ ──── ✩ ──── ⋅ ⋅──