10

As strange as it was to even think, sleep didn't come as easy as it usually did for Belphegor.

Nothing felt right tonight.

From the strange bump in the cover of his pillow, to the strange discomfort his mattress provided, Belphegor found it quite difficult to actually fall asleep. He grasped the sheets of his mattress firmly in frustration, finding the dilemma a hindrance to his current want to meet you.

He groaned in irritation before he sat up. He shifted in his spot as he closed his eyes, trying his best to fall asleep. He waited, and waited.

"..."

'I'm waiting. Is it you preventing me from falling asleep? Because if so, I'm going to smack you over the head from depriving me of sleep.'

"..."

Soon enough, he finally fell asleep.

━☽【❖】☾━

"What took you?" You spoke with a small smug smile. Belphegor narrowed his eyes at you in suspicion.

"That was your fault, wasn't it?"

"I'm not quite sure what you mean." You dismissively spoke. Belphegor rolled his eyes.

Just as last time, you were both in a human world themed botanical garden. Belphegor just found you gazing at flowers idly while sitting on the bench alone. He sat down next to you as you scooted over to make room.

You handed him a flower. And for some reason, Belphegor got hit by a sense of familiarity.

"...What are these?"

"Black Dahlias." You answered. "I picked them up earlier. I heard pure black ones like these are quite rare to come by."

"..." Belphegor meaninglessly placed the flower up to his nose to try and sniff it, but of course, his sense of smell was blocked.

The dreamscape sucked when it came to senses, apart from sight and touch.

"Did you have anything to do with me not being able to fall asleep? And about what you said earlier, does that mean you're still here when I'm awake?"