14

"...Where's Belphie?"

The room stilled at Beelzebub's question. Some of the brothers began to fidget, while some merely frowned in pity. Mammon groaned at the tense silence as a certain human sighed.

"He's in the attic, Beel."

"...Again?" The orange-haired male looked dejected.

"I think you'd best not to interrupt his sleep. You can visit him, but-"

"Satan, all this sleep has been starving Belphie, you know?" Beelzebub interrupted the blond. Satan sighed, unable to argue.

"I mean..." Leviathan trailed off awkwardly.

"He hasn't been looking so great." Asmodeus remarked. "But he gets really miserable every time you wake him up."

"...Beel, I think you should go visit Belphie and try to get to the source of his problem." Lucifer spoke up.

It had already been a few months since Belphegor was released from the attic. A few months since the issue of his imprisonment had been resolved and over with.

But as much as they'd preferred everything went back to normal, Belphegor was the one who changed.

As everyone thought, Belphegor changed because he got locked in the attic, naturally. However, this was dismissed when Belphegor began to act miserable, searching for someone.

He frequented the attic, resting there for days on end.

And no matter how Beelzebub and the rest would try and coax him to come back down, he would barely budge.

It wasn't healthy, and Belphegor merely gave away a few hints to his condition.

What was it, truly?

What was the Avatar of Sloth desperately searching for?

...

They weren't aware Belphegor himself didn't know either.

"I'll wake him up and get him to eat. I can't let him starve himself." Beelzebub reached a decision. Lucifer took a deep breath before nodding.

"Alright then. Take care of Belphie, Beel."