Chapter EIGHT - Behind The Mask

Chapter 8

"Man! Ichiraku's really hasn't changed from either past or present." Naruto said as he ate another bowl of the ramen.

Kushina nodded, also emptying her bowl.

"Maybe you guys shouldn't eat so much," Minato shook his head, watching as the bowls started piling up. "I still have to pay for those apple trees."

Minato clicked his fingers, changing the subject, "Right, Naruto. After all the memories end, what's going to happen to you?"

Kushina stopped eating her noodles, and listened in.

"I... I guess I'll start finding a way for me to return back to my own time." Naruto clutched his head, "Recently I've been having this damned headache, like it's splitting itself into two and then merging into something else."

"What?" Kushina whined, "Why don't you just stay here?"

"But I'll be born in a few years, I don't know if there'll be problems having two Narutos running around."

"W-well, we could just... not have another Naruto." Kushina suggested.

"What?" Naruto groaned, "But then you won't be able to raise me!"

Naruto got smacked by Kushina on the head, "Idiot! We'll be raising the current you!"

"I can't stay," Naruto said seriously, while rubbing his head, "I still have people to return to, and Sasuke's still waiting for me!"

The conversation continued back and forth before Naruto finally managed to convince them that he was going to have to return to his original timeline.

They gave their thanks and left Ichiraku's, making their way to the hokage's tower.

Entering the basement, they greeted everyone in the room.

Rin raised her hand, which Naruto thought was absolutely adorable. "I have a question. What's happening on the battlefield?"

"I'm still fighting with Tobi alongside Kakashi sensei and Guy sensei. We're fighting to stop the revival of the ten tails."

"What's this ten tails?" Mikoto asked.

"It's the beginning of all chakra, a god who created countries. It swallows oceans, splits the land, carries mountains and the progenitor of all that exists in this world. To put it simply, it's like all nine beasts combined, the nine tails alone doesn't stand a chance against it."

The atmosphere shifted to one of acceptance, the audience nodding their head, what could they do in front of absolute power?

"Did you manage to defeat it?" Fugaku asked.

Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Minato and Kushina gave a grin. As Naruto gave a thumbs-up, "Hell yeah, believe it!"

"Oh!" Naruto pat his fist on his hand, he moved and put Itachi back to where his parents were, "There's some important stuff going down on the battlefield, we need to see that. So we'll see Sasuke later on."

Fugaku and Mikoto nodded.

Inoichi started his technique.