Chapter SEVENTEEN - Happy Birthday!

Chapter 17

"Getting thanked for saving the world, huh?" Kushina sat down by Naruto's bed, laughing. "And thanked by the Sage of Six Paths himself, no less."

After sitting in the hokage's basement for so long, it was decided that everyone take a break for a day before coming back.

"Well, it wasn't easy saving the entire shinobi world, after all."

Naruto sat up just as Minato walked in with bowls of soup, passing them to Kushina and Naruto.

"Why'd you look so uneasy, Naruto?"

"I... got some news from Kurama. I know when the chakra in my body will run dry, and I'll return back to the future."

"When is it?" Minato asked softly.

"When the memories reach the point where Sasuke and I collide my Rasengan and his Chidori, it'll have caught up to the present, and I'm going back." Naruto laughed.

"I don't even know if I should be sad or happy to be going back."

Ruffling his own hair, Naruto hummed, "Well, this timeline is definitely going to be different from the one I'm from, seeing as now Itachi wouldn't be joining the Akatsuki, Sasuke wouldn't be a brooding prick and Obito wouldn't be dying."

"Count on it." Minato shook his head resolutely.

"What else would be changing... Oh! I guess I won't be Kurama's host in this timeline."

"I'll make sure you'll be great friends with Hinata, since she'll become the new Uzumaki heir."

As the day dragged on the afternoon, the trio made their way back to the hokage's basement, walking past many of the iconic places in Konoha.

"Good afternoon all." Hiruzen said as he leaned back into his chair, Inoichi reciprocating the greetings as he waited for Naruto.

As everyone settled down, Naruto nodded to Inoichi and the technique began once more.

"Hey! Kurama!" Naruto jumped and waved, "Were you lonely being separated from me?! I missed you!"

"Quit yelling so loudly! I wasn't lonely at all!" Kurama flipped Naruto off, "You got half of me inside of you, remember?!"

"The nine tails is so cute when it's embarrassed and flustered!" Kushina giggled.

"I'll close an eye on these antics, since the fourth war has finally finished." Tsunade shook her head.

Hagoromo laughed, "This is what I had once envisioned. That there would one day be a shinobi who could move even the tailed beasts to cooperate."

"Even Obito's turnaround was Naruto's doing. He restored Obito to himself." Kakashi sighed.

"Thanks again, Naruto. For bringing me back and not giving up in me, even when I did." Obito nodded his head towards Naruto, "Even when I gave up in myself."

"Believe it!" Naruto gave a thumbs-up.

Minato and Kushina smiled.