The Dare Game

Three pairs of eyes, three noses, three mouths and three very surprised faces were the first things my eyes took in. The fact they were surprised was probably also the reason why they all moved their heads back when I awoke, banged in to each other and fall on to the floor and somehow managing to fall one on top of the other at the same time.

Then each of them abruptly stood up with sheepish smiles while I just stared at their behaviour. It was Lily, Mia and Rory.

"Eeeer yeah, hi Scarlett how are you? I'm fantastic you know. Hahahahaha," Mia said weirdly.

"Scarlett do you know who I am?" Rory butted in.

"You're Rory," I said confused.

"WHAT?! WHO HAS BEEN TELLING YOU THESE LIES!WAS IT LILY?HUH?HUH? LILY, STOP LYING TO THE POOR GIRL, SCARLETT WHO IS IT THAT TOLD YOU THAT? WHO TOLD YOU THOSE LIES? WAS IT MIA? DON'T LISTEN TO HER, SHE LIES. MY NAME IS NOT RORY!!!MY NAME.....IS......RORANAROUS REX." Rory screeched like a banshee.

"Ok then," I replied then sent Lily and Mia a bewildered look to which they replied with a casual shrug.

"So what exactly is going on?" I asked.

"Well, we just wanted to make sure you were alright after yesterday," Lily answered.

"Oh right, well thanks, I appreciate it. But don't we have class?" I asked.

"Ummm yes we do," Lily said nervously. I was very aware of how her bottom lip was quivering and how her eyes refused to meet mine. Realisation dawned on me.

"You skipped class, Lily Evans skipping class, that is something I never thought I would see!" I exclaimed. Lily was a total goody two-shoes, she would never go against the rules. If you told me a month ago that Lily was going to skip class, I'd laugh in your face and tell you that you didn't Lily at all.

"It's the first time she has ever skipped class," Rory snickered.

"What's the time anyway?" I asked. Rory and Mia had already started debating on skipping class and only Mia heard me.

"It's nearly time for lunch, so we'll go back for afternoon classes." Mia replied. I sent her a grateful look then climbed out of bed.

I looked at my outfit and realised I was in the same outfit that I was wearing at the party. I looked a sight with my ruffled hair, slightly crumpled dress, and messed up make up. I grabbed some clean clothes and had a hot shower. For a moment I thought about the dream I'd had, but I just assumed it was me losing the plot - or maybe I had suddenly developed underlying feelings for Lucius Malfoy and dreamed of our child attending Hogwarts? No way, that's even more unlikely than me losing my mind.

Once the shower was running, and I could feel hot water on my skin, I was finally alone. My mind began to ponder over what had happened the night before. Remembering the horrid feeling of Caleb touching me, I started to scrub my skin hard, particularly around my neck. I wanted to be free of any trace of him

The whole experience the night before had terrified me and I sat on the floor, huddled in a ball, water splashing all over me. 

An hour later

There I was eating my lunch with my awesome friends, when Rory dropped a bombshell on us.

"Ummm, I have a confession to make," Rory said meekly. All three of us sent her three looks of suspicion. 

"I kinda sort of agreed to play a dare game with them," Rory said with her eyes signalling to....uh....the Marauders?!

"WHAT?!" Me, Lily and Mia screamed at her.