Socks

"Miss Finch!" Dumbledore roared. The student whom he had been referring to jumped in surprise, a fearful look on her face.

"Yes, Professor Dumbledore," She said timidly.

"How could you? Those creases are absolutely disgraceful! This is how you treat your socks, after everything they have done for you. They protect your dainty feet, stopping the vile imperfections of our world from making contact with your bare flesh and causing you any harm or irritation. But you don't even do something as simple as ironing your socks. You are an ungrateful student who doesn't appreciate the importance of socks." He pointed a finger at her and took a deep breath as an attempt to subdue his anger. "Detention! For the next three Saturday's I want you to come to my office at 11."

Aubrey Finch, the Hufflepuff whom I'd decided to terrorise this particular morning had a bewildered look on her face. Nevertheless she nodded then walked away.

Dumbledore, that particular morning, had become my next victim. I had come up with a rather ingenious prank I could play on everyone at Hogwarts.

By transforming myself to look like Dumbledore I essentially had lots of power and I could do whatever I wanted.
I walked around the school and started randomly giving students' detentions, and hopefully throughout the next few weeks Dumbledore would constantly have students trying to do a detention, and therefore messing up his life.

"Dennerby, you're breathing too loudly! Detention on Tuesday at seven."

"Grenner! Weatherby fancies you but he hasn't got the courage to say so. I think I'll give him a detention for his cowardice."

"Pettigrew, your wand is dirty. Detention on Monday at six."

"Rivers, your shoelaces are untied. Detention on Friday at five."

"Merlin! Chambers the socks you're wearing should be illegal! Detention on Wednesday at seven thirty."

I was delighted when I caught sight of familiar faces.

"Potter! Your glasses are not correctly balanced on your nose. Detention on Friday at six for your disgraceful appearance."

"And you, Black! Your...your...hair is too curly. Detention on Saturday at two."

The two of them looked slightly stunned but were soon outraged.

"What! Professor Dumbledore you can't give us a detention for such ridiculous things!" Potter cried.

"Professor, you -" Sirius tried to protest.

"- No no no, Mr Potter and Mr Black the two of you must learn to accept things. Sometimes people have problems and in order to get past it - well acceptance is the first stage. If you keep denying it, you won't be doing yourselves any favours." I said wisely.

"Sir, are you...are you feeling okay today?" Black asked cautiously.

"Why Mr Black, I've never felt better. In fact I think I could probably do a few back flips because of how overjoyed I am. Oh and Mr Potter, Mr Black I must tell the two of you something very important."

"What is it?" They looked at me expectantly.

"You must, absolutely must treat your socks with care and affection. Otherwise one day you will surely regret it. "
I flashed them a mischievous grin and then started laughing manically as I walked away.

I decided then I would pay a surprise visit to Professor McGonagall and spice up her life a bit. I entered the Transfiguration classroom she was in, teaching the class I was supposed to be attending.