A Dragon with Rabies

This is dedicated to reecherie for making this awesome cover!

**************************************************************************************************

"Hey do you think she'll notice it?" A voice said.

"Of course she's going to notice Mia," said an exasperated voice.

"I hope she doesn't freak out" said another voice.

"Well, I certainly would" said a voice.

These words took me out of my deep slumber and I opened my eyes to see three faces all looking at me curiously.

"Aaaah!" shrieked a surprised Mia. She immediately went backwards but ended up stumbling on her own feet, losing balance and crashing to the floor.

I heard a small roar of laughter erupt from the entrance to Hospital Wing. All four of us whipped our heads around to see the four Marauders making an entrance which made me scowl a little. These four blithering idiots! Could they not just stick their nose in someone else's business for once?! Oh wait, no they can;t because they all follow Potter who follows Lily like a lovesick puppy - and of course who else is with Lily but me, Rory and Mia.

"What are you doing here Potter, Black, Remus, Peter" Lily said her eyes narrowing.

"Strike to the heart James! Your beloved won't even call you by your first name. That's gotta sting!" Sirius Black commented.

James glared at him then lightly punched him on the shoulder with a not-so discreet "Shut up".

"Why do you only call those two by their first names anyway?" Sirius said curiously, refusing to shut up.

"Because, Black, those two are the only decent people in your little...gang." Lily said.

James had a scowl on his face, Sirius looked happy at the fact that he wasn't considered 'decent' - which was a little worrying if you asked me, Remus merely looked amused and Peter looked... well I don't know how he looked, just the same as he always was I suppose.

"Back to the question at hand, what are you doing here?" Rory asked.

"We just wanted to check up on Scarface" Sirius said with a hint of tease at the end of his words.

My face turned to a full-on scowl accompanied with a deadly glare to face Sirius.

"Watch your mouth Black or you just might find a little mishap on it's way to find you" I said venomously.

I was in a bad mood due to a very painful headache and my entire body felt sore and painful. I was in no mood for jokes.

I said my words powerfully and he looked surprised. Remus had a thoughtful look on his face.I sat up properly and attempted to get out of bed but a shrieking Madame Pomfrey, well shrieked "NO NO DON'T YOU GET OUT OF BED YET, MISS DIXON!" .

Taken aback, I froze and just stared at MIss Pomfrey.  "Do you know yet?" She asked calmly.

"Do I know what yet?" I asked back confused.

"She doesn't know yet," Mia interjected.

"I don't know what yet? Please explain yourselves or get the heck out of here," I said frustrated.

"Miss Dixon...please don't freak out but you have a big green thing on your back," She said calmly. Again.

"Oh! Is that it then? Pffft not that bad, I don't know why you're making a big fuss about it," I said off-handly, I could easily get rid of it using my metamorphmagus powers.

"Well, I'm glad you took that well. Now I must ask where did you get it?" Madame Pomfrey asked curiously "Because I have never seen such an injury before and I'm afraid anything I try doesn't work,"

"umm...............................................................................................................................................................

no clue" I said uncaring I could still get rid of it, with or without Madame Pomfrey's help.

Hmm let's think, could it be................. ok I'm stuck, when did I get.... Oh! OH OH OH!

I know! While doing my prank yesterday, I was in the dark so I kept on hitting myself, scratching and bruising myself. I remember getting a particularly painful hit on my back but thought nothing of it...hmmm.

"I am also interested, young lady, on how you got those numerous scratches, bruises and cuts," Madame Pomfrey said dryly.

Oh crap I'm busted. "Oh you know...." I said with a fake smile. Everyone's face moved in towards me and as if this was a cliche novel or something they all said at the exact same time " Yes..."

"Um... well you know.... well you see this happened leading to that happening leading to this happening making this happen thus triggering a chemical reaction of things happening and Ta Da here is the result of all the happening" I blurted with a smile plastered on my face and hope they would somehow buy my story.

"HUH?!" They all said in union.

I sigh. Not much I can do now.

************************************************************************************************

The Next Day

After about an hour of convincing them that I got bitten by a dragon that had rabies I was finally let out - although I could see that I was released more because I was irritating Madam Pomfrey more than I was actually fine.

My lessons passed quicker and I am not pulling an all-nighter ever again. I mean, look at the situation it put me in.

It was dinner time and Dumbledore had some important announcement to tell us.

I was pigging out as usual then Dumbly called for silence.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I hope all the first years are settled in and happy here at Hogwarts. Now today it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you two guests that will be staying with us for the next few months. The Head of the Department of Accidental Magic Reversal and his son Caleb."

My heart froze at the name, his name. Every nerve in my body stopped. My entire body trembked, not in fear but in anger and fury. No, No it can't be. Not him oh please not him. Why is he here? Why wont he leave me alone. Why can't he stay away?

The 2 large oak wooden doors opened and caleb and his father were there. MY heart thuded madly in my chest and my head was pounding. A few MONTHS! No I can't deal with him for that long.

Caleb was gorgeous, and I mean proper good-looking. All the girls were gushing around and whispering, trying to get his attention.

He and his father walked up to Dumbledore and not once did me and calebs eyes lose contact. He had a big smirk on his face. I glared at him.

"Welcome, Welcome my old friend" Dumbledore said politely."Now boys and girls it's time for bed. Chop-chop"

I felt sick inside. I felt sick and horrible even seeing him. I would never forgive him for what he did. Never.

*******************************************************************************************************

So did you like that chapter. Who is Caleb and what has he done to make Scarlett hate him so bad?

You will find out next chapter, NOT! I am so cruel hahahaha.

Now I want 80 votes if you want to get another chapter and I promise to make it extra long.

I don't usually do this but I need an excuse to start uploading my other stories. I haven't uploaded them for nearly two weeks.