one

"I must admit, the scar on your face is hot."

"That's not my concern at the moment." Augustus mumbled.

Lorelei and Augustus were at a cafe in Diagon Alley with their new books stacked up on a table.

She sipped tea as Augustus looked out at the swarm of people walking past them. Nyx was fast asleep in Lorelei's lap, purring contently.

"So... what exactly happened? Where were you when you were attacked?"

"Don't really wanna talk about it."

Lorelei stiffly nodded, "Alright then."

"Have you seen that dog?" Augustus questioned.

She shook her head, "Haven't gone outside much since that fiasco. Though I can't quite shake the feeling that the dog wasn't just a dog. When it looked at me I swear I thought I could see human eyes. It even whimpered at me."

"Might have been hurt." He said with shame, "I haven't exactly figured out how to deal with my... condition."

"It wasn't hurt. I'm sure of it."

"Did you try to pry into its mind? You know... what weird thing you can do?" Augustus asked with light sarcasm.

"It's called Legilimency, and no, I did not try to pry into its mind. I don't exactly enjoy doing such a thing, it's incredibly invasive."

"Well yeah that's sort of... the point."

Lorelei took another sip of her tea, "My point is: that thing was not just a dog. I just hope it knows that I was thankful it saved my life."

Augustus put his chin into his hand as he stared at his best friend, "You sure you're a Malfoy and a Slytherin?"

"Quite sure, Augustus."

"I think you're a closeted Hufflepuff."

Lorelei's face scrunched up in disgust, "Merlin, absolutely not. I think I'd rather be Gryffindor before being Hufflepuff."

For the first time since Lorelei saw Augustus, his lips lightly curved into a smirk, "If you say so."

The two fell silent. Augustus continued watch the crowd while Lorelei sipped her tea. Her mind trailed back to the Wolfsbane Potion, "Have you tried to make the potion again?"

He shook his head, "No. I told you, it's a difficult potion to make and I have barely passed potions every year at Hogwarts."

"What does it exactly do again?"

"Helps me keep my mind after transformation. That way... I can't hurt anyone."

Lorelei studied his empty eyes, a look she was not used to. Augustus was typically full of life and now, he looked just tired.

"Have you?" She quietly asked.

He sighed, "No. I wish Professor Lupin was still around. He could help me..."

Lorelei narrowed her eyes, "Who is that?"

"He was the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher last year. He was bloody brilliant... despite what the rest of the Slytherins will say. He turned out to be a Werewolf. He resigned after it came out, figured parents wouldn't want a Werewolf teaching their children. I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do... you think Dumbledore would be able to help me if I told him?"

She shrugged, "It's always worth a shot. I doubt he'd just leave you to fend your yourself. Then again, I haven't exactly spent enough time at Hogwarts to get to know it's staff and students. Hey... Professor Snape! He's the Potions instructor, right?"

Augustus lazily nodded again as he slowly blinked, "Yeah..."

"He could... make you a Wolfsbane Potion. He's in our house, so he's inclined to want to do it more..."

"I just... I don't want people knowing. It's embarrassing."

Lorelei drank the rest of her tea, "It's not your fault. Have you told Darren?"

Darren Solaris, Augustus' boyfriend. Him, along with his sister who was 3 years younger than him, were both Hogwarts students. Darren and the rest of his family was Slytherin, while his younger sister Gwenna was sorted into Ravenclaw.

The Solaris family doesn't like to talk about it.

"We broke up a week before everything happened. Just wasn't working out." He said sadly, "It's for the best, though. He doesn't have to deal with all this."

"I'm sorry." Lorelei quietly said.

"You going to the Quidditch World Cup?" Augustus questioned, shifting the subject.

"If my father makes me go, then yes. I know for a fact my brother will be going."

Augustus huffed, "Your brother has been absolutely insufferable ever since he got to Hogwarts. Nice to know you'll be there to knock him down a few pegs." He said before he suddenly nodded, "Heads up. We've got a Weasley."

Lorelei slowly turned around and watched a girl with short choppy black hair drag a red headed boy through the crowds.

A man bumped into the red headed boy by accident and the girl quickly turned around, "Watch it!" She yelled at the man.

"Zoya! It was an accident!" The boy said to her with an embarrassed tone.

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I've seen that guy before and he's a di-"

The boy quickly put his hand over her mouth to keep her from saying more. She glared at him and swatted his hand away, "Don't do that!"

"You're going to start a fight!"

"Maybe that's my goal." She fiercely said.

Lorelei turned back to Augustus, "That's the youngest boy, Ronald, is it?"

He nodded, "Yep. And that's Zoya Kien. She's gotten into at least two fights per year, usually with a Slytherin who makes fun of the Weasleys, Hermoine Granger, Harry Potter, or all of them."

"Potter?" Lorelei asked, "The one-"

"Yep. He's not a bad chap, but he is a bit annoying if you ask me. Something bad has happened every year since he got to Hogwarts. Your brother loves to torment him."

"Should I put a stop to it this year?"

"Depends on if you want a show."

Lorelei weighed her options. She didn't particularly care about Harry Potter or his friends considering she had never met them. At the same time, her brother was annoying and she took any opportunity she got to put him in his place.

She watched the two walk pass them. Ron Weasley saw the two and whispered something in Zoya's ear.

She snapped her head to them and her eyes widened.

"What do you reckon they are talking about?" Augustus asked, already knowing the answer.

"The big bad scary wolf." She teased, looking to her friend again.

He rolled his eyes and slumped back in his chair, "This is going to be one hell of a year."