thirteen

As figured, nobody suspected the absence of Augustus. He came back the night after the full Moon, looking pale, skinny, and worn out. He insisted that it was better than times before due to the potion, but the way he look said otherwise.

It was now Thursday night, and three names were to be pulled out of the Goblet of Fire, deciding who would be competing in the Triwizard Tournament.

Lorelei was sat amongst other Slytherins, bored and regretting her choice to leave her dorm. Augustus stayed back, leaving Lorelei alone with her boredom. She looked around, and saw Sayaka casually speaking with her group of friends not far from where she was.

Professor Snape and McGonagall made their way through the crowds of students as Dumbledore ordered everyone to take their seats.

The room went quiet, "And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!"

Dumbledore approached the blue flame. It began to glow red as a name on a piece of slightly burned paper flew into his hand, "The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!"

The crowed cheered and Zoya looked at him in awe as he walked to Dumbledore, shaking his hand. The flame then went pink, and blue piece of paper flew out of the flame, "The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!"

The Beauxbaton girls cheered as Fleur walked up. She shook hands with the Headmaster, and then went to stand next to Viktor.

The last name flew out of the fire. Dumbledore read it, "The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!"

Hogwarts students got up and cheered loudly with Cedric. Even Lorelei was standing, clapping for the Hufflepuff. He made his way to the stage, and on his way, he grabbed Lorelei's hand and gave it a squeeze. No one noticed the gesture as Cedric was very quick, but it was enough to give Lorelei butterflies.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the Triwizard cup!"

The people cheered, but it quickly dialed down when the goblet glowed red and another name flew out. Dumbledore carefully caught it and read the name, "Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" Dumbledore said loudly with a hint of anger.

"What?" Zoya said as Dumbledore called his name again.

Harry sat dumbfounded as Hermione nudged him, "Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake."

Harry slowly walked up to the stage where Dumbledore gave him the paper. Voices in the crowed shouted out in retaliation, calling him a cheat.

Everyone left the Hall after the names were called, most of them already starting rumors about Harry. Lorelei was one of the last to leave. She got up from her spot and made her way to the door when Snape called out to her, "Miss Malfoy. Come with me."

She slowly turned to him, "What?"

He walked passed her out of the Hall, and Lorelei didn't dare to disobey him. He joined the rest of the professors, and Lorelei lingered a few feet away from him as he whispered with them. Dumbledore joined the professors and looked to Lorelei, "Come with us."

Lorelei silently followed everyone to the trophy room. They were all loudly arguing with one another as they walked down a flight of stairs. Dumbledore ran down the stairs at a speed Lorelei didn't know he could go. She saw Harry standing near Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor, all looking just as confused as her.

"Harry! Did you put that name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore angrily asked, pushing Harry into a few trophies.

"No sir." He said quickly.