six

Lorelei's father didn't even try to defend her during her trial.

Her trial didn't scare her, it was what her father would do. She ended up being found not guilty, as she used magic outside of Hogwarts to save the lives of multiple people.

She was locked away in her room for the rest of the summer, and wood was put up in front of her windows to keep all sunlight out.

Lorelei knew her parents were delving into the Dark Arts, again. Unlike her, who only studied it for knowledge, she knew they used it. Draco was slowly beginning to be let in on what exactly they were doing, but she was not.

She only knew what attacked were Death Eaters due to her eavesdropping on a conversation between her parents over a year ago when she was home for only a week before she had to be at a new school abroad.

To say that her father was furious she fought three Death Eaters and nearly killed one of them was an understatement. The Death Eater that was shot into the fire was permanently scarred, no amount of magic could fix the horror all over his face and body.

Now, Lorelei was on her way to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She stared out the window as the Hogwarts Express passed beautiful hills, which reminded her of that night with the Hu-

"I still can't believe you took a killing curse for a Hufflepuff. I'm not sure if you deserve an award for saving a life or a life sentence in Azkaban because it was a bloody Hufflepuff."

She turned to Augustus, who was still in shock after she told him what happened at the Quidditch World Cup.

"I think Lucius is scared of you." Augustus said to her.

She scoffed, "I doubt that."

He sat up, "Think about it. You are a powerful Legilimens and an even more bloody powerful witch who fought off three Death Eaters by herself. I think it terrifies him that you could pry into his mind anytime you want and destroy him. Not to mention, you don't have to inflict fear to make people like you."

"Fear is a powerful tool, I don't blame him for using it."

Augustus nodded in agreement, "Yes but... you have something he doesn't."

"And what is that?"

"Charisma... and recklessness."

Lorelei narrowed her eyes, "I am not reckless."

"You used magic outside of Hogwarts and defended the very people your father hates without a second thought. You snuck to Hogsmeade during your second year out of boredom."

"I don't like being cooped up."

"That could have gotten you expelled! You are reckless, Lorelei."

She sighed and crossed her legs, "You seem a lot more lively."

Augustus sat back in his seat, "It's easier to talk about other people, takes my mind off of everything else."

From the other end of the train, Zoya sat with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Hermione was reading a newspaper as a Trolly Witch passed their compartment. Ron and Harry both stood up to order sweets, as they always did.

Ron sat down and began munching on what he bought, and Zoya saw Harry looking in the direction of a beautiful Ravenclaw fifth year, Cho Chang. She smiled as Harry sat back down beside her, looking lovestruck.

"I didn't think love at first sight existed. I still don't think it does but you..." She said as she waved a hand in front of Harry's face, "Yeah... you're long gone. I guess I should tell Ginny."

Ron and Hermione both glared at her as she got out a container with rice balls that her mother made. She took a bite of one as Ron's glare turned into hunger, "That looks amazing..." He said, his mouth still filled with sweets.

She looked him straight in the eye as she took a bite out of one, "Mmm. So good."

"You're cruel." Ron said with a frown.

Zoya sighed and passed the container to him. His face lit up and he took a rice ball out, shoving it in his mouth. She also gave one to Harry and Hermione before finishing off the rest.

"This is horrible, how can the ministry not know who conjured it. Isn't there any security?" Hermione worriedly asked, looking up from her newspaper.

"Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses."

During the attack, a Death Eater shot a Dark Mark into the sky with Harry's wand. With that mixed with Lorelei saving Hermione's life, the group was thoroughly confused and worried.

Zoya and Hermione saw Harry rub his head, "It's hurting again isn't it, your scar." Hermione worriedly said.

"I'm fine."

"You know Sirius will want to hear about this. What you saw at the World cup, and the Dream." Hermione said to him.

"Write him a letter and tell him I said hello." She said as she stroked her Eagle Owl named Frithuswith.

Zoya got a lot of flack from her friends for the strange name of her Owl. She named her Owl after seeing the name in a book, similar to how Harry named his Snowy Owl, Hedwig.

Frithuswith would often get into fights with Draco's Owl named Ulysses, who was also an Eagle Owl. Zoya was often proud when her Owl would typically be the one winning before a Professor would break up the fight.

Frithuswith's name was often shorted to Fritha. It was clear the Eagle Owl didn't like it, because when she would finally be called by her full name, she would act like she couldn't hear them.

Harry wrote Sirius Black a letter, and sent Hedwig off with the letter.

Zoya turned her back to the window and leant up against it, stretching her legs out over Harry's lap. He looked at her, "Do you mind?"

"Nope, not at all."