sixteen

Zoya's eyes peeled open, and the first thing she saw were bubbles.

She slowly turned to her right, and saw Fred and George blowing bubbles.

"Hello, Zoya. How are you feeling?" Fred asked as he blew more bubbles at her.

She picked up her left arm, which wasn't broken, and waved the bubbles out of her face. George blew more, "My arm hurts like hell."

"We would have done something to Malfoy, but Hermione gave him an earful and punched him in the face again. Professor Moody also turned him into a ferret, but we think you were still conscious for that bit..." George trailed off, looking at his twin who shrugged.

Zoya faintly smiled, "Yes I remember that bit."

The two of them blew more bubbles into Zoya's face. She waved them away, "Would you two stop that?" She asked in a harsh tone.

"We are trying to make you feel better!"

"You don't need to! I'm fine!"

"Off you two go! Miss Kien needs to rest!" Madame Pomfrey said, walking up to the two.

The twins reluctantly got up and quietly bid their goodbyes to Zoya, who was staring at the ceiling emotionlessly.

Zoya got visits from Hermione, Ron, Seamus, Dean Thomas, Harry, and to her surprise, Lorelei and Cedric.

"We just wanted to make sure you're alright." Cedric said.

Zoya looked at the two, "You two are standing quite close."

They instantly took a few steps apart, "Why do you care I'm hurt?" She asked Lorelei.

Lorelei scoffed as Viktor Krum walked up behind her and Cedric, "Have you forgotten that I was there when you fell? Or did you hit your head as well?"

"Shut up and go away." Zoya quickly said in a low tone.

"What?"

"Go!" She snapped as Cedric turned around.

He smirked and nudged Lorelei, and she also turned around. The Slytherin rolled her eyes and walked off with Cedric, walking close to him once again.

"Are you feeling better?" Viktor asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I will be."

"I was thinking we could go to Hogsmeade tomorrow, if you're feeling better."

"I certainly will be feeling better tomorrow." Zoya said happily.

And Zoya was. It took a great deal of arguing, but Zoya escaped Madame Pomfrey. She and Viktor walked Hogsmeade all of Saturday, and drank so much Butterbeer that the two were sure they'd get sick.

They talked about everything from Quidditch to their families, she found that Viktor was not who everyone thought he was. He was much softer and often spoke with passion. Their conversation on Quidditch lasted only 20 minutes, as he wanted to learn more about her and her friends.

They walked back to Hogwarts later that day, and he stopped her in front of the Great Hall, "So the Yule Ball is coming up soon..."

This is it. She thought to herself.

"Yes it is. Do you have a date yet?" She asked, her eyes full of hope.

He shook his head, "No. That's why I wanted to ask you..."

"Yes?"

"... if Hermione would say yes if I asked her? I've been watching her and I love how she is always so immersed in books and education and not the drama going around. She'd be perfect to take."