seven

Lorelei's robes felt foreign. Walking into Hogwarts with a whole year ahead of her felt foreign. Having eyes on her from every house whispering and wondering who she was felt foreign.

Nothing felt right, and she wanted nothing more than to be pulled out of the school and sent to Finland or Norway. She sat at the Slytherin table with her back to the wall. She had a view of the other tables, and she could tell people were still talking about her.

The Sorting Ceremony was entertaining. The Gryffindor house cheered the loudest when a first year was sorted into their house. Lorelei's sorting was done privately. Most of the professors tried to reject Lucius' request, but alas, he won.

What Lorelei never told anyone, was that it took the Sorting Hat over 20 minutes to decide before reluctantly deciding on Slytherin. She was now praying to Merlin that Headmaster Albus Dumbledore would not announce that she was finally doing a year at Hogwarts.

Lorelei looked amongst the crowds of people, and caught a sight of Zoya, Harry, Hermione, and Ron all looking at her as they whispered amongst themselves. When they realized she was looking in their direction, they quickly looked away.

Augustus was sat next to her, who was starting to look more tired, "You need to speak with Dumbledore and Snape. Tonight." She whispered to him.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore started as  the doors to the Great Hall opened.

The caretaker of Hogwarts, Argus Filch, ran down the aisle limping comically. Students began to whisper while other snickered at how he was running. He whispered something inaudible to Dumbledore, and then left the Great Hall in the same fashion.

"Who is that again?" Lorelei asked Augustus.

"Argus Filch. The caretaker. Avoid him and his cat, Mrs. Norris."

The two stopped talking when Dumbledore continued his speech, "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical
contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."

The doors of the Great Hall opened again. A group of girls dressed in blue danced up the aisle as they released butterflies into the air. They bowed and the room applauded. Madam Maxime was a very tall woman, even taller than Hagrid, the Hogwarts Gamekeeper.

Lorelei took note of Augustus' entranced look as he watched the girls.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the High Master Igor Karkaroff."

A group of older boys walked up the aisle  brandishing bo staffs. Lorelei narrowed her eyes as they twirled the bo staffs around, stabbing them into the ground with a spark.

"What in Salazar Slytherin's name..."

"That's Viktor bloody Krum!" Augustus said with shock.

"Who?"

Augustus sighed, "Were you not just at the Quidditch World Cup?"

"Yeah, well, I wasn't exactly paying attention to the game. You know I don't give a damn about Quidditch." She snapped back.

"You might wanna keep that to yourself." Augustus murmured back.

The students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang sat at tables on opposite ends of the room. Augustus was eating away whilst Lorelei picked at her food.

As Lorelei was trying to eat in peace, she heard a Slytherin call from the other end of the table, "Hey, Malfoy!"

The Slytherin boy was so loud, it caught the attention of everyone in the room. Even Augustus, who was speaking with a professor, was now looking at him.

"What?" Draco yelled to the boy.

"Not you! Your sister! Lorelei!"

Lorelei mentally groaned and contemplated escaping under the table. Now everyone knew she was at Hogwarts and who she was. She looked in the direction of the boy, "... Yeah?"

"Is it true you saved a mudblood and a Hufflepuff? It's a shame that Avada Kedavra didn't hit you!"

Everyone gasped at the boys words, even a few Slytherins. Her brother snickered with his friends and Augustus slapped the back of his head on his way back to his seat next to Lorelei.

"Ten points from Slytherin!" Professor McGonagall called out harshly, "That is enough, Mr. Hemlock!"

Professor Severus Snape glanced at Lorelei, who was staring down at the table. Luckily for Lorelei, who she exactly saved wasn't revealed to the public. What she did, though, was news that spread like wildfire throughout the school.

Lorelei dared to look at the crowds of students, and she could see Cedric Diggory looking at her sadly. She stood up from her seat and walked out of the Great Hall, trying to ignore the lingering stares on her.