Chapter Six- Edge of the World

"What is this place?" He asked as he got out of the car, his gaze fixated on the view that was incredible.

"They call it the "Edge of the World"."

We both looked at the view and found it breathtaking. It had been a mountain that cut off without warning to an ocean filled with sharp rocks at the bottom. Couples came here to have their most intimate moments as I came her to just think. But as I saw his reaction to seeing it- I realized this place was like nothing he had see.

As we stood, I looked down to notice our fingers were touching. Even now, I am unsure if it was intentional on one of our parts, but I knew for sure the moment was perfect. We had both looked down and back up at each other before he placed his hand upon my cheek. I had only dreamed of my first kiss a dozen times as I had see it in television and read it in literature.

His hand was both soft and rough on my cheek as I closed my eyes to bask in the kiss that would happen. Or so I thought. The sound of an obnoxious Ford truck with eight cylinders blazing under the hood slamming on its breaks interrupted our moment. It was Ethan. His loud metal music as well as the aroma of marijuana gave his identity away.

"Did you change your mind about that fight?" He said more cocky then ever. His eyes were incredibly red and puffy and he continuously squinted to both of us as he stood with four other friends that could have been street fighters.

"I don't want to fight you."

"So you don't mind if we just take Vannah here."

His kind smile turned to a hard line that seemed more like a non-spoken threat.

"You don't touch her."

"Oh....Seems we struck a cord..." Ethan said as he walked slowly around him, then shooting a look toward me. "Seems Vannah is his weakness-how disgustingly sweet..."

He then walked around me and laid a hard pat on my butt in which I could feel the heat of Nick's skin radiate to me. His gaze was to them-watching his every movement.

"You do realize there is five of us and two of you." Giving me a quick analysis, he made quite the sexist remark. "Well one that has even a remote chance..."

"I would suggest you just go."

"I suggest you keep that mouth shut unless you want us to mess that pretty face up."

"Do what you want to me, just let her go home..."

"No. I want her to see what happens when someone challenges us."

I looked to Nick and saw him give me a look of apology almost as if he was the challenger-which in a way he was. It was meant only as a joke-and still he attempted to end it.

"You are stoned. Just go home Ethan."

"I don't even take orders from my parents why would I take them from you?"

"Please..."

"You just don't want any other guy making your girl moan-" That did it. Without any notice, his hand was instantly crafted into a fist and Ethan was on the ground. He was out cold.