Chapter Fifty One- Immaturity

Enrolling Maya this morning was a task in itself and nearly made me late for homeroom. I took her to her first class before explaining to the teacher that she was my sister and he greeted her with a handshake as he had first done with me when I had met him. I left as I heard him introduce her to the class. I ran toward my class to find my peers' eyes shoot to me as I entered. Sitting down, I hid my face from them and just tried to get from one class to the next.

Everything seemed to go smooth until lunch. I sat beside Lea as she had her salad and pudding for lunch before I saw Maya come in with a few of the "popular" girls I knew were trouble. I walked over toward her to find her discussing incredibly inappropriate topics with the girls-to sum it up; virginity or lack there of to be more specific.

Pulling her aside, I explained to her that she had to be careful otherwise she would obtain a reputation. She told me how she didn't care and practically shunned me before Lea. Ignoring me the rest of lunch, I focused on her before attending my next class and trying to get out to go to the next class in which I had with her. Gym.

In the locker room, I noticed how even the clothes she wore for gym were more fit for the Playboy Mansion then here. To make it worse, she purposely wore a push-up bra instead of a sport's one. It worked for her...The guys in the gym had their mouths practically hanging to the floor as she jogged around the gym.

She kept making eye contact with one of them-James. The basketball star and complete jerk of all the athletic jocks. He eventually began talking to her before pulling her behind the bleachers. Even though they were closed off, everyone hid in there to make out between classes. I guess she was no exception.

I followed her before pulling her back.

"She's fifteen!" I told James before pulling her into the hall.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she pulled up her shirt and wiped off her mouth.

"It's your first day here and you're already labeled..."

"It's better to be known for something everyone wants that a nobody at all..."

"Wow..." I said nodding in disbelief. "I understand you may have been raised different but this is pathetic. You are better than this."

"I don't need your approval or advice. I have a hot body, and I want everyone to know it..." She walked away from me before yelling back. "Everyone!"

As the school day finally ended, I took a deep breath before waiting for Maya. She held stacks of books in her hands as I noticed Nick was waiting in my car. He ran out to help her with the books and gave me a glare.

"Why didn't you help her?"

"She thinks I'm a slut." Maya said before she got in the car. I shot her a dirty look before Nick angrily got into the car.

Driving home, Nick spoke only to Maya before I realized he was just doing what I asked. Every time I wanted to get mad at him-he made me elated...He was trying...

When we pulled into the driveway, Nick asked me to stay in the car as he gave Maya the keys to the house.

"What is going on?"

"I should be asking you that? Where were you this morning? Why did you take my car?"

"They cleared my name today. I guess some DNA doesn't match me at all. And the witnesses claimed they were paid..."

"Oh wow...That's great. I'm glad for you..." My tone stayed monotone the entire congratulation sentence.

"I'm just trying to do what you asked...." He began. "You wanted me to trust her so I'm trying..."

"By giving her the USBs?"

"I didn't. Do you think I'm stupid?"

"She was watching them this morning!" I scolded back.

"She saw me watching them earlier before I left. She must have gotten them while you were asleep...I tried to hide them best I could..."

"You know what this means?"

He shrugged.

"She knows there is an inheritance..."

"Crap."

His reaction summed up mine. But in my head much worse foul words were present.