Chapter Twenty Five- New Adjustments

Something in my gut gave me a bad feeling of my "father". Was it the way he just appeared out of nowhere? Or was it the way he seemed off. It reminded me of a few days before my mother's death. He kept looking to me as if I was something he could not believe. I noticed in the rear view mirror how Nicholas would not take his eyes off of my father.

As we pulled up to the house, I showed him around the land and ended in the house where he then picked a room. But when he went past my mother's, he paused. With a few fingers, he pushed open the door and found the room untouched. Even some police tape was still in the cracks of the door and hanging from the bed post.

"Your mother was the most beautiful soul I had ever met in my entire life." He said as he hung his head then turned to me. "I can see you are beautiful just like her..." I turned at his comment and saw Nick glaring at him. As if he had reason to worry.

That night came and went like the smoke of a once-burning candle. It was quiet-dead quiet and I fell asleep so quick I do not even remember closing my eyes. But when I awoke, I found Nick sitting beside me. Rubbing my hands in my eyes and making drastic attempts to make my hair somewhat attractive, I looked to him.

"Do you make this a habit? Watching girl's sleep?"

"I needed to talk to you..."

"It couldn't wait?"

But as I saw him, I noticed he held a camera in his hand. One similar to the one found in the bookcase but different in size.

"I found this in the bathroom...I played it in your computer when I was downstairs. It's a video diary of your mom. It explains how she never believed in keeping a written diary for it could be discovered...I think you should see it..."