Chapter Nineteen- What About Now?

You always hear stories about people you once knew who endure horrible events. Such as that kid from your kindergarten class got into a car accident or your old best friend just entered rehab for a drug addiction. How about that one emo girl that got attacked in an alleyway?

It started out as a revenge plot. To get the truth, but I realized I was in over my head. Although Ethan's size was not much bigger than myself-his grip was hard on me. Adrenaline and lust filled his eyes as I felt his true nature-cruelty.

I closed my eyes as I found fighting him was pointless. His fingers poked my stomach as he tried to undo my belt but I had wiggled which made it difficult. He grew angry at this and used the palm of his hand to push up my jaw-in response which caused me to hit my head hard on the ground.

The moments that happened next came in flashes. Moments where I was in and out of consciousness. Just before I would be ripped from my innocence, Ethan was thrown back against the wall and hit repeatedly in the stomach until he fell unconscious on the ground. I then blacked out. When my eyes opened the next time, I was in the arms of someone as he was walking for what seemed like days. My eyes then shut on me once more. The third time I awoke, I saw I was back home, in my bed, with a bandage wrapped firmly around my head.

I moved up and noticed how the daylight had come so sudden. Then I realized Nick was asleep in a chair beside me. Also beside me was a bowl full of red water and a melted makeshift ice pack. I slid out of bed and then toward the hall but not before turning back to Nick.

"And you said you didn't care..." I spoke aloud, just enough so my light voice was heard in the silence by the spiders between the floorboards.

Walking down each step, I smiled as I tried to remember the night before. Just as my thoughts became happy and carefree, my phone rang on the counter.

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is the detective working on your mother's case?"

"Yes, do you have any leads?"

"Well we have something...if you would like to come in and see it. We prefer not to talk about situations like this over the phone."

"Do you have someone in custody?" I asked anxious for an answer.

"Please just come down the the precinct." The detective said before terminating the phone call. My grip was tight on the phone as I wasted no time before heading to the police station.