Chapter Sixteen- Dirty Dancing

In my lifetime, I had only danced twice and both times were at dances where you had to be an arm's length apart and the music was back before smart phones and laptops were even thought of. So this scene in which the bodies of the people beside us were so close, caused me to freeze for only a moment before accepting his hand to dance.

He pulled me to the floor and took my hands to rest on his shoulders and I folded my hands behind his head, intertwining my fingers. As I looked down to be sure I was not stepping on his toes, he used two fingers that he quickly moved from my waist and moved my chin up.

"Look at me. Just let me guide you." He said in a low voice, but somehow through the music I still heard him.

Just as I began growing doubt I would be awkward in this moment, a song came on that I found awfully familiar. Enrique Iglesias's song; Push. The beat was strong and the moment was full of admiration as well as desire. It was as if I was unable to control my body as the music flowed like blood through me. My eyes never left his until he turned me around quickly and we were dancing like those around us. He had one arm wrapped around my lower abdomen as I held my hand over his and I could feel his heartbeat race against my back. I could also hear his quick breath become unsteady since his lips were near my ear and he was pushed up against me.

He then turned me back toward him and he picked me up onto his toes so I was closer to his face. The way we danced was so sinful, I feel embarrassed even thinking of it now. What would my mother think?

As the song came to a close, we both stood there nearly breathless before one another. I saw as he gave me a look I did not quite understand. It seemed lustful yet admirable, then it seemed sadistic yet angelic. It was contradicting in every possible aspect, yet I craved it.

Unable to deny the moment any longer, I took his hand and pulled him into the bathroom of the club and kicked the trashcan under the handle so it jammed it shut. The minute I turned before him, he lifted me onto the counter and our lips connected.

Electricity.

He shifted his hands from my waist to my neck, in which he gently pulled my hair back so he could then kiss my neck as I then opened my mouth just slightly to release a small moan. He would then bring my lips back to his and kiss them once more. I was lost in the moment. My hands were wild from his hair to the hem of his shirt or even the loops on his jeans. It was as if they had their own mission. But as I felt the moment were to arise to the surrendering of my innocence, he pulled back.

"What?" I asked out of breath.

Without a word, he kicked the trashcan violently to the side and slammed the door as he pushed his way through the crowed and disappeared from my sight.