"Marry me." / "We're already married." / "Marry me again."

Annabeth had never been so exhausted in her entire life. Her body hurt in places she didn’t know that they could hurt, and she had to do so many things at once, that she felt like she would pass out from sleep deprivation. She had never thought that she would have a baby, let alone twins. All the trauma and the stress she had gone through had made her believe that she was never going to have kids. Her doctor had told her that she had a hostile uterus, so she had promised herself to never get her hopes on having a baby. She wasn’t going to be lucky with that.

But she got lucky. She managed to have the most beautiful twins in the whole world with Percy. It wasn’t what she had planned, but definitely something worth living with. She loved them more than words could imagine. She knew how love felt mainly because of Percy, but the love she felt for Charlie and Zoe was so intense that it was overwhelming. She couldn’t understand how someone couldn’t love their kid. She couldn’t understand how her dad could look at her and not feel all of the emotions. She felt sorry for him.

It was a calm Sunday afternoon. It was mid-March, but the cold and the rain made it impossible to get out of the house. Percy was busy changing Charlie’s diaper while she was giving Zoe her bottle before naptime. She was holding Zoe in her arms while seated on her bed with a blanket over her shoulders. Although the sun was covered by the grey clouds, she saw it setting from a distance. Zoe had her eyes wide open, looking at her mum. Annabeth knew that was what love felt like.

“Marry me,” Percy said as he sat next to her.

Annabeth looked at him. “I don’t know if you have forgotten,” she held Zoe’s head a bit better, “but we’re already married.” She smiled.

“Marry me again.” He pleaded her. “I want to marry you a million times over again.” He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. He rested his head on her shoulder. “We make cute babies.” He noted.

“We did a great job, partner. Although having a daughter means that I am not your number one anymore.” She turned to him.

“I love you.” She said softly. “But Charlie is my number one. You have degraded to number two.” Annabeth teased him.

“I knew this day would arrive,” Percy said mockery. “I’ll try to get over it.” In the meantime, Zoe had finished with her bottle. “At least Zoe still loves me. Relax. I’ll handle her.”

He scooped Zoe out of Annabeth’s arms and went inside the nursery. Charlie was already asleep in his crib, so Percy decided to be as quiet as he could. “You have the greatest mum in the whole world. I know you might think that I’m exaggerating princess but believe it’s the truth. She’s the coolest person on planet earth. And when you’re older she’s going to teach you so many cool things. But try not to grow up too fast.”