Chapter Thirteen.

The bleak walk back up from Hogsmede was long and cold. Although the September weather proved to drop significantly as the day blended in to night. Larissa's bones ached from the cost of the long day, travelling thirty or something years in to the past took a toll on the human body. That's without the added strain of shopping as well. The young woman shoulders were pulled tight in anticipation, the students of Hogwarts would be returning tomorrow and the reality of having to face your dead mother became clearer and clearer.  The dirt path became soft underneath foot as Larissa approached the gates of Hogwarts, the large cast iron gates stood tall and intimidating, intricate binding of metal winded into ingot vines, the slight sheen of the protective wards shining whenever the moonlight seemed to catch it.

"What the fuck am i meant to do now then.?" she muttered sharply under her breath as she inspected the gates. Huffing, the brunette turned and grabbed the collection of bags that hovered magically behind her, with her bags in hand Larissa closed her eyes in concentration, the large stone entrance of Hogwarts pictured in her mind. The sickening feeling of apperation consumed her as her body was pulled through the tight tubes of space and time. She paused for a moment, focusing on the soft rhythm of her heart pumping blood round the rest of her body, before slowly opening her grey eyes. The soft yellow glow of the torches bled over her face, Larissa's eyes bounced around the deserted corridor before making her way in the direction of Dumbledore's office.

To say it took the young witch a while to find the headmasters office was an understatement, Larissa had watched and studied the map as her father showed her in a secluded area of the library, the secret passageways of Hogwarts, the kitchens, Gryffindor tower, the quidditch pitch, etc. So she assumed getting around wouldn't be a problem, but the reality of Hogwarts was nothing compared to lines on a piece of yellowed parchment. The sound of heels on stone stopped dead. In the distance the loud cry of a baby owl reached Larissa's ears, dead silence. The map. How the thought hadn't crossed the girls mind was shocking, she knew that her father and his friends were sure to look at the map, and her given name would certainly show up, this was going to be a problem, a massive problem. Sighing Larissa ran a cold hand over her face, her grey eyes shut in thought. After a while she decided the only possible option was to tell Dumbledore, there was no chance she'll be able to make it into the Gryffindor dorms, the common room perhaps, but her fathers dorm, no chance. The strange feeling of anxiety slowly bled into Larissa conscience, as she thought over the possibility that her father and James Potter could be sitting right now examining the magical map, tracking each and every one of her steps. Shaking the thought away Larissa flicked her hand quickly in the direction of the bags, and they resumed there place in the hair. The soft sound of heels slowly returned to the echoey halls of Hogwarts as Larissa resumed her quest to locate Dumbledore's office.

It didn't take too long until she ran into the smiling face of Minerva McGonagall.

'Larissa, I see you've had a pleasant shop, I hope Diagon Alley lived up to its future, although I'm sure a lot has changed.' Larissa only nodded and smiled up at the much younger woman. 'Right well, I assume your on your way to Professor Dumbledore now?' She questioned while motioning for Larissa to follow her.

'I am indeed professor' she smirked up at the transfiguration teacher with a knowing look.

'Well our destinations seem to be the same!' Larissa followed Minerva watching as the walls blended together, she noted three flights of moving step and four lefts but only one right, before long McGonagall spoke again. 'take note of the route dear, it's a big castle, but you'll get the hang of it soon. Dumbledores office is just up here.' She motioned towards a large gold statue of an Eagle, brass steps embedded within the wings. The older woman stepped onto the highest step, while Larissa perched on the lowest, the woman muttered a short 'liquorice' before the stairs began to move and rotate. A large oak door appeared, with a small round handle. McGonagall stepped off and made a small knock, before twisting the handle and pushing the heavy door open.