Part One; Chapter One

Marlene McKinnon-Black smiled fondly at the scene before her. Her husband – who had somehow managed to convince Mad-Eye Moody to give him the day off work – was tickling the spitting female version of him, who lay giggling on the bed.

"Dada!" Larissa squealed in delight.

"Sirius," said Marlene finally. "Stop tickling her, darling! She'll throw up the food she ate.

"She won't, love," Sirius replied, rolling his eyes. "She's my girl! She can definitely handle a bit of tickling!"

He turned to Larissa again, blowing a raspberry on her tummy, and the girl began giggling again.

Sirius chuckled heartily, scooping up Larissa in his arms, and pressing a kiss onto her refined cheek, as the 3 year old continued to giggle .

Marlene watched the two of them fondly, observing Larissa tug at a strand of Sirius' shoulder-length hair, her grey eyes staring at her father.

"Love you Dada!" exclaimed Larissa in her sweet, childish voice.

"I love you too, darling! You're my little princess, aren't you?" Sirius cooed as he sat down on the couch, Larissa on his lap, and began to tell her a tale from the book of Muggle fairytales which was Lily's birthday gift to her.

Marlene smiled as Sirius read the story to Larissa , watching her daughter stare at the pictures in the story-book. As she watched the father-daughter duo, she remembered what Sirius had said just a few days before Larissa was born.

"Marlene," he had said in his husky baritone, which sent a delightful shiver down Marlene's spine. "I want our daughter to look just like you – blonde hair, blue eyes...just as beautiful as you are."

But Marlene had responded with just the opposite, saying: "No. I want her to look like you, love. Grey eyes, black hair and a mischievous smile!"

And, somehow, Marlene's wish had come true.

Her daughter was a younger, albeit a delicate feminine version of Sirius. The same grey eyes – which belonged to not only Sirius, but also his deceased brother, Regulus – graced Larissa's face. She had the jet black hair which all her paternal ancestors possessed. And though her cheeks rather masked the actual shape of her jaw, Marlene was sure that Larissa would grow up to possess the classic Black jaw which graced the faces of Sirius' female cousins.

Larissa had inherited almost none of Marlene's looks, much to Sirius' chagrin; although he hoped Larissa had inherited Marlene's intelligence and her feisty attitude.

Sirius always said that Marlene was a perfect foil to his recklessness and care-free attitude – which was one of the reasons why he fell for her in their fourth year. She brought to his life a sense of completeness which he always lacked. And she had given Sirius the one thing he had yearned for since he was a child who had been ill-treated by his parents: unconditional love.

Marlene walked to their bedroom, her thoughts meandering towards their days at Hogwarts, when suddenly, she heard an owl pecking at the bedroom window, she unlatched the window and let the gracious bird in.

James Lily, Voldemort
-Moony

'Sirius! SIRIUS!" She screamed and Sirius came running in his wand in his hand.

Seeing everything was okay he moved over to Marlene who had sat down on the bed.

"Who's it off"

"Moony it's James and Lily somethings happened" Sirius looked down at the scribbled note and immediately jumped up and moved over to the dresser pulling out a jumper.