Chapter Three

Larissa Clarke had a distinct reputation at the orphanage she had lived in since she was almost four years old. The wild, beautiful and extremely intelligent, often found climbing trees or roaming the vast grounds of the large orphanage a book usually situated in her delicate hands.

As the years past Larissa watched many girls In the orphanage be sent away to new parents and often wondered why she was never there to be introduced to the couples that visited once a month; often being the only girls there to be kept locked in her room. Maybe her parents were still out there, looking for her, waiting for her to return to them.

"Larissa! Larissa you have mail dear" the young girls head snapped up as she watched the older matron stand on the large stone steps that led out to the large garden a dark blue envelope clutched in her hands.

As the the young girl had arrived at the orphanage with nothing of her own beside a small stag toy, a old key that opened nothing and a old bracelet- the clasp had broken years ago, the bracelet being lost in the many grassy parts of the house. She had basic clothing provided for her by the Orphanage matrons, all of which were plain dresses that fell just below her knees, Larissa despised them, they didn't make suitable clothing for cloning the many oaks, or exploring the large pond.

Larissa often found the company of herself having not made any friends over the years and rather simple acquaintances that were fleeting moments of her childhood, the girls often didn't stay at the Orphanage longer than a year, the many exceptions being two years. Her learning tutor Ms. Langford taught her all manner of things ranging from mathematics to advanced sciences; she often praised the girls name, pushing her on to higher levels of education.

"Larissa!"

The girl jumped up from the metal bench she had been sat on, her book; Little Women clutched dearly in her hands. As she approached Mrs. Smith she fumbled to tie her wild hair into something that she considered a ponytail.

"Here you go dear" her fingers slipped over the stiff paper of the envelope, it was a navy colour with a gold seal embellished with a large 'B'. The older lady left the young girl and moved back into the house, Larissa followed suit, her fingers fiddling with the clasp as she made the rout back to her room. As she entered her own room, she unfolded a fancy piece of card that was inscribed with a swirling gold font.

Dear Miss Clarke,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to BeauxBatons Academy Of Magic. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Yours sincerely,
Olympe Maxime.

Larissa read through the letter approximately five times before rolling her eyes.

"Probably just another prank" she muttered to herself, and shoved the letter in the draw of her bedside table. She had approximately seven days left until her 11th birthday, not that she had anyone to celebrate it with, but then again it was 1 year closer to getting out of the place she was stuck in until she reached the age of 18.

Around three days had passed since she had  received the letter and it was now left forgotten in her bedside table covered by a strange array of things that she has collected over the years.

On the fourth day, Larissa was making her way from the classroom and across the main entrance hall, the staircase that led to the dormitories in sight. She suddenly came to an abrupt stop.

Mrs. Smith was stood with the most beautiful lady she had ever seen. She had pin straight blonde hair that reached her lower back and she had ivory skin- not as pale as her own though.