Chapter Six.

To say the next day was hectic was the understatement of the year. The house was filled with loud screams and shouts of unsatisfied children, usually Larissa would have had a quiet and peaceful awakening, however today was different. It'll always be different now.

She lifted herself; groaning as her body cried out aches and stiffness from a long and unsettled sleep. She then flipped herself over, her stomach sinking deep into the old mattresses as the sudden aroma of pine and musk flew deep into her sinuses. Larissa let her face bury deep into the old once luxurious pillow, her mouth letting out an unconscious sigh of uncomfortableness, her thoughts flooded with different emotions and questions, but mainly the uncomfortable throbbing of the firewhiskey taking back its own demise.

After taking another long groan Larissa shuffled down the bed, her arms stretched out in front of her, a sudden feeling of relaxation flowed through her body, however it was gone as quick as it came and after she was left with the feeling of discomfort for she had arranged her structure into a compromising position.

There was little light in the room as the old, elegant curtains were drawn shut, covering the large floor to ceiling windows which the termites had taken advantage of as flakes of wood and paint littered the wooden floor below. Fumbling around the sheets Larissa became impatient and stood up in a huff of annoyance, line shot across her vision as she rapidly searched for her wand. Eventually the long elegant tool was found at the foot of the bed wrapped within the silk sheets.

Moving it graciously the curtains flew open, the sheets were arranged back to the way she found them the previous night and a small packet of muggle cigarettes flew into her long fingers. A dirty habit but one she acquired during her secret adventures outside of the walls of BeauxBatons, a small little French corner shop positioned consequently in the nearest village to the school. Her desire and nostalgic connection to the muggle world drew her in to the unusual habit, the smell of the tobacco burning brung back locked away memories from early childhood.

Until only a mere few hours previously Larissa had no connection to family, no connection to love or welcomeness, no maternal figure to guide her into adulthood, and so the nostalgic smell of tobacco brought ease and comfort to Larissa.

Throwing on a dark green satin dressing gown which was thrown over the dressing table chair, Larissa moved swiftly to the window unclasping it, a subtle breeze flew in igniting a reaction to the hairs on Larissa's marble like skin. She slipped a cigarette between her lips and used her wand to conjure a small flame, she watched as it ate the protective paper, burning up the middle. Sighing she took a deep drag her lungs filling with the vile tar, she knew she should quit and one day she will, when she found comfort within herself.

As she approached the kitchen door she heard a large variety of voices, her eyes made the unconscious decision to perform a rolling action, this was her house for god sake.

All she wanted was a cup of tea, was it that much to ask for. The room went silent. What felt like a hundred pair of eyes glided all in one direction. Larissa smiles to herself, hey eyebrows lifting as well.

'Who the bloody hell is that' grey eyes met a head of ginger hair, which slowly moved down to blue eyes and a very freckled face. Suddenly the room was in uproar, Larissa moved quickly across the room her wand making effortless movements as she made herself a pot of hot English tea, a tray was summoned from a cupboard, it all happened very quickly but before the rooms eyes the tray filled with a delicate china tea cup, matching sugar bowl and milk jug and large china teapot. Two freshly toasted crumpets landed on a matching china plate and were soon being levitated all together behind the disappearing woman.

Although Larissa her self often received endless amount of attention when stepping out into the muggle world, she never revived any within the walls of her own home and it was unsettling. So she retreated to the comforts of her library.