Chapter Four

The streets of Diagon Alley were filled to the brim with excited wizards and witches, Larissa's grey eyes were darting from one thing to another, he hand still enclosed within Miss Bonnets.

"Come come Mademoiselle ve must get to Gringottz!" Larissa's eyes followed the other woman's as they landed on a large ivory building, it's old walls looked worn down with the centuries it had stood there, the buildings surrounding it seemed to entrap the small shopping village in a time from the past.  Larissa noticed the lack of modern architecture and  smiled quietly to herself- she often thought it to be quite ugly. 

As they weaved themselves through the families she managed to walk straight into a woman, she was with what Larissa assumed to be her husband.

"Oh erm..sorry" She muttered to the woman before darting to Miss Bonnet who had turned to look for her at the lack of hand contact.

'No worry's dear, come along Arthur. Charlie here's some money go and help Percy get his wand' Larissa heard the woman's voice before she was being pulled towards the large ivory building.

The steps of the bank felt smooth beneath her shoes and the building became larger as the two women stood in front of a spectacular door.

The inside of the building seemed to be bigger than the outside, and much grander, the marble contrasted loudly underneath them as they made their way towards the large desk situated at the back of the entrance hall. Miss Bonnet had warned her of the creatures that managed the bank, gremlins? Goblins? Whatever they are they were strange to Larissa who had never seen an animal more exotic than a bat.

The goblin who Larissa assumed was the manager of sorts, sat on a very tall stool that looked down on the women. 

'Name.' The creature drawled its eyes narrowed into slits as he looked at the young girl and the beautiful women that accompanied her.

Miss Bonnet turned to look down at Larissa before muttering "Larissa could you go and stand over zere for a little while while I have a conversation wiz ze bank owner" she smiled brightly as Larissa smiled before moving over to a large stone pillar a few feet behind them.

Miss Bonnet made sure to lower her voice as she spoke to the goblin.

"I am here on behalf ov Albuse Dumbleedore zat over there iz Larissa Black, zis is her key to her vault. She cannot know her identity it vill put ze girl in great danger, she is know and will be know as Miz Clarke by this bank and everyone else."

"Of course madam, as long as the girl has her key to the vault the goblins at Gringotts will call her by Miss Clarke." The goblin nodded quietly to the woman making sure to make note of this request. He understood completely the danger that could pose threat to this young woman.

After the twisting and turning of the ride in Gringotts Larissa took a small pile of gold from her vault, something she still hadn't got over, even as they made there way out of the bank and towards a old bookshop.

Miss Bonnet pulled out a familiar piece of blue card, the same one that was in her letter she had received.

"Droite!" The woman exclaimed although Larissa didn't know french she didn't interrupt the woman as she began to read out a list .

"Une Cauldron, wand, either a cat or owl ve do offer horses at ze school and vill be something you vill be taught upon arrival." Larissa raised her eyebrows at the thought of herself on a horse. "Quills, papier, spell books, encre, silver scales, crystal vials, riding equipment ve will fit you for a uniform ven you get to ze school"  she pulled Larissa through the small door of the bookstore
Inside it smelt musky and the same as the pages in her own book. To Larissa it was extremely comforting.