Arc 1-4 THE DOMINEERING CEO

Arc 1-4

While Chen Meng meng's busying herself on a pile of paperwork and her fluffy system's attentively spying every main character on their mission world, a man with exquisite face is currently contemplating whether to end his life or wait for his 'wife' to miraculously appeared in front of him.

'System'

The man telepathically called. His cold eyes narrow and a flash of sadness vaguely appeared yet disappear in an instant.

(Yes host...?)

The system cautiously asked, knowing that they're already transmigrated in different world yet the systems host still didn't find his other half and in every world that they leave without managing to find the host's other half the more the system host's become colder and crueller.

In all honesty, even the system is now at the edge of  giving up.

This is their ninty-eight world and they're already wasted 1 void hour which is equivalent to 10 years yet the system host still didn't find his paired match.

(Is the host choosing to leave this world now?)

The system hopelessly asked.

(...no. I'll wait for her for another five days, and if she still doesn't appear then... shattered my soul into pieces where I can no longer reincarnate)

He cruelly said as the system judder with a hint of sympathy for its host.

System: please hosts wife show up!

ON THE OTHER SIDE of the city Lee Rong's dad is bewildered by the sudden decision of the Chen family to severe the engagement between their two precious heir without giving them any reason.

Mr. Lee, Lee Rong's dad squinted his gaze towards his son.

"Did you do something to offend the Chen family? Especially their daughter?" Mr. Lee asked.

Lee Rong knitted his brow as he's also confused like his father but he's also mentally celebrating for the broken engagement as he doesn't want to be with a woman who he doesn't even love.

"No dad. I didn't offend a single member of the Chen clan and also, I didn't even know who's their only heir nor I've seen her face, really"

'I didn't even know what kind of a woman she is...but if even though I know, I wouldn't even care' he mumbled.

All he's thinking right now is his precious innocent angel waiting on their home with the sweet smile she always wore whenever she greets him when he gets back from work or occasion such as this.

"Well if that's the case... there's no point of us to chase after their Chen Industry if we could find someone more suitable for you and more richer than them"

Mr. Lee is a prideful— kind of man that's why he doesn't want to chase over the Chen family instead he wants them to regret their decision on breaking the engagement. Yes! Let them see who's missing out a good breed of a son-in-law.

He scoff with prideful expression.

While Lee Rong's father and mother were busying their selves in finding a new 'suitable' daughter-in-law, Chen Meng meng on he other side's currently walking towards her office.

Her office is surrounded in pure white exterior making the whole place clean and bright giving the ambiance of calmness which Chen Meng meng nod in satisfaction for she doesn't like to work in a gloomy and dark places.

Chen Meng meng called her secretary and announce to her to inform the board of a sudden meeting. Her secretary respectfully nod before leaving her with her thoughts of revenge.

'System?'

Chen Meng meng telepathically called.

(Yes host?)

'I'm bored...I still have at least 30 minutes to waste before the meeting starts, so...can you at least entertain me?'

System: Do I look like a clown to you host?

The system want to retort but choose to asked in return.

(What do the host wants her system to do? I have here the latest netflix movie which is really good and oh! You should watch this host...)

And the blabbering system started to entertain its host.

*****

The man with exquisite face yet cold eyes immediately knitted his brow with curiousity. There's a sudden meeting? And for the very first time he would be able to see the new president of the Chen Industry.

"Okay. Thank you", he simply answered.

He honestly didn't care to his job but because he still needs to eat and have decent job to introduce to his special someone if he got 'lucky' to meet his other half.

'Arrange this paper'

He nonchalantly said to his system, and as the poor system wants to cry without tears.

System: Hosts wife...please show up! Your husband's cruel to me!

The man's handsome face is hidden beneath a black mask that he always wore. All you can see is his bewitching phoenix eyes and sword like eyebrow.

"Did you know why there's a sudden meeting?"

"No, I also don't know"

"Did you already see the face of our new president"

"No. But I've heard the new president is a girl"

"A girl?!"

"Yep"

"And how can a little girl be our new president?"

"Don't judge a book by its cover they say. We all know how strict Mr. Devil Chen is, so it's no doubt that this said girl can inherit her father's character...or not. We really don't know"

"Hmmm, you're right"

The man with the phoenix eyes heard the gossips but he ignore it all as he sat on his seat.

The gossipmongers immediately shut their mouths when the said girl they're talking about step a foot inside the large meeting area.

The man with the phoenix eyes didn't spare a single glance at Chen Meng meng's direction not when—

*Ding!

(Target detected.

Favorability: 0%

Mission success: 1%)

The one's cold eyes of the man suddenly lit up with hope when his gaze landed on the head of table's direction—Chen Meng Meng.

W-wife?!