- 1 -

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

Jimin has been gathering herbs for the last few hours in the forest. The rays of the sun shine down on Jimin as his feet drag through the wet, brown and red coloured leaves scattered on the ground. This morning has been one of the quietest mornings since he became a healer in this pack. The day had started badly, he recalls, with grey clouds and only a few rays of sunshine that prickled on his skin.

His brown hair had fallen into his face as he soaks in the morning sun while leaning against the wall of his hut. He sighs at the sound of many, small raindrops hitting the ground, dropping his head back against the wall. There isn't anyone who needs his help, leaving him to work on the tasks he had set aside awhile ago.

Goosebumps rush up his exposed arms as a fresh autumn breeze brushes over his skin, making him shiver slightly. His fingers draw his clothes tighter around himself before he unscrews a glass jar. He keeps the berries to eat separated from the herbs in the brown little basket. Being a herbalist can certainly be a good and fulfilling profession, Jimin gets to tend to people in need. Once or twice he had wondered if he performed a miracle when a case seemed hopeless but then unexpectedly the person was cured. 

Jimin was raised by his grandparents, and both of them influenced him in their own way. His grandmother was the woman who taught him about the miscellaneous herbs and berries. She is  the anchor in his life, a person he can turn to when he needs help with something or just needs someone to be there for him. Jimin's grandfather, on the other hand, told him stories when Jimin was younger about what he experienced or how he and his grandmother met. 

His grandfather not only used to, but he still speaks with much wisdom and advice. After all, both of them are the ones who raised Jimin mostly on their own.

After Jimin returns to the healer's hut, he spreads the herbs on the brown wooden table to sort them before tying them together to hang them on a string for drying. Jimin softly hums along to a melody in his mind as he cuts the white string and ties it around a small tuft of goldenseal. A kettle whistles in the background, signalling the water for his tea is ready.

Jimin relies on the kettle a lot as it is not only there for making tea, but also for heating water if it is required for a treatment or to prepare healing soups. Jimin shifts to the shelf where he puts the wild berries he has collected in glass jars and pours himself a leaf tea with honey. He clasps his small hands around the hot metal cup and gently blows on the steam, mulling over what to do next. So far he's done for today. Perhaps he can help his grandparents in some way or start preparing food for them-

"Jimin, come quick! There's a child who's not feeling well." A worried voice snaps Jimin out of his thoughts as someone yanks the door to his hut open with force. He flinches, and spills a little hot tea on himself; fortunately, it is not hot enough to cause a burn, nevertheless, his skin still turns a little red.