- 10 -

______

______

A big thank you goes out to RedHeadAmy93 for helping me and basically co-writing the end of this chapter ♡

_____

The grey wolf's ears are pulled backwards as it is galloping on the forest floor. It bares its teeth as it picks up a scent of a stag. Closely followed by a brown wolf, they settle on their prey and follow it determinedly through the thickly overgrown forest. Soon they come across said stag and slow down in their steps so as not to chase it away. Both are experienced hunters, and know that it only takes one slip up for the prey to notice them and there is a greater chance of escape. 

Quietly and slowly they creep up on the prey they have set their eyes on. The stag has not noticed them at this point and they take turns chasing the prey, never losing sight of each other and looking for weaknesses as they take turns leading the prey. In the corner of his eye, the grey wolf sees the other preparing to chase the stag should it come to that. He makes the mistake of stepping on a twig and startling the stag, which was grazing until now. 

As if he suspected what might be lurking behind the bushes, the stag starts trotting off in a direction that seems right to him. Both wolves do not hesitate to run after him and chase him through the densely overgrown forest. The grey wolf gets ready to attack together with the brown wolf, but it does not happen. An eerie and painful howl resounds through the forest, causing the grey wolf to pause in its movements. Torn between chasing the stag and seeing what is wrong with the other wolf, he decides to go after the other immediately when another pain-filled howl rings out. 

The other is lying convulsively on the ground with its eyes closed in pain. It tears the grey wolf's heart as he sees the scene before him, panicking as he steps closer and sniffs in the hope of discovering a trace of something. To his disappointment he finds nothing and he howls, not bearing to see the other like this. The grey wolf is unsure what he can do. Can he move him? He does not like the other's reaction at all.

He comes to the conclusion that he has no choice but to leave his pack member here and go for help as quickly as he can. He trots off on the spot, the wind whipping his face, but concern for the pack member has the upper hand in the situation as he hurries back to the pack on his way. Overcome with emotion, he doesn't realise how he is unconsciously reaching out to someone in particular, trying to pick up a scent of the scent.  

Reaching the place where he has taken off his clothes, he transforms and puts his clothes back on. He is so stressed and panicked that at that moment he doesn't care whether he likes the person he is looking for or not.

"Jimin!" Jungkook calls out the name he dreads the most before he even realises what he is doing. The omega just exited his hut and literally freezes at the rough tone in which his name was called. The hairs on the back of his neck stand up and his hand clenches into a fist half-consciously, awaiting what comes next. An uncomfortable tingling surges through his body. Even though he has his back turned to the person, he is aware of who has just called out to him.