- 17 -

Jungkook swallows hard as he lies on his bed, drained and tired, staring into nothing. He fights a growl as he realises what he has gone through the last few days now that his rut is over. Admittedly, it was primarily his wolf responsible for all those rut feelings and fantasies from what Jungkook can remember. 

He groans in discontent and shame at a passing scene with Jimin that, despite imagination, felt more than real. Rubbing his hands over his face, Jungkook turns on his side and buries his head in his hand. Looking back feels awkward and embarrassing, and the worst part is that it's not the first time he imagined Jimin during a rut. The memory of it evokes panic and irritation in him again, as it did back then after his first rut.

He would like to swallow it all and ignore it, but then what? It scares him a little to have to relive the same thing, those strange emotions that made his fingers itch as soon as he saw Jimin after his rut or that romp of shame, confusion, and anger he felt. It was confusing and didn't make any sense to him why he'd imagine those things. Usually, one doesn't dream about a friend like that. What if he finds out and thinks he's a creep? Why can't he stop thinking about him?

At the time, he wanted nothing more than for it to stop and for him to forget those fantasies as quickly as possible as if they hadn't happened. Seoyeon was by his side the whole time, but it didn't improve or ease his life in this respect.

Jungkook huffs, and his eyes flutter shut before staring helplessly into space again. He tries to calm the rising panic inside him and tries to think about how he should act. Knowing to react the same way as he did then wouldn't change anything about the situation, and after his conversation with Jimin, he also becomes increasingly aware that if he really wants to improve their relationship, he can't act the same, go by the board and distance himself from Jimin again. That simply doesn't work. Just because of what he dreamt or imagined.

Jungkook releases a grumbling sound. It's like sitting in front of a big puzzle, taking each piece into the hand and wondering how they all fit together. Nothing makes sense to him.

Therefore, Jungkook decides it's best to distract himself for a short while and clean himself. The glistening sweat on his skin is sticky, and there's cum everywhere. He's mildly disgusted and scrunches his nose before he shuffles to the bathroom, fatigued. Jungkook gathers the last bit of his energy, despite being in the mood to sleep for a long time, preferably for days. But the thought of falling asleep again like this makes him willingly get up and clean up.

He steps under the shower and washes off the remains of his rut off his body, humming under the water. Once done, Jungkook dries his skin with another cloth and puts on some clothing, he goes over to his kitchen and looks for some edible food, but seeing there's barely anything left, he groans. His stomach growls uncomfortably, and he's about to leave his hut to hunt when someone suddenly knocks on his door.

Jungkook tenses, shoulders slumping with relief when he hears his mother's voice. “Jungkook, are you in there?”

The concern laced in her voice nevertheless causes him to furrow his brows, forgetting that he had slipped away to his hut without a word and that he had not really told anyone about it. Guilt gnaws on him as he opens the door to his worried mother, and she falls into his arms. Her usually delicate daisy scent hits his nose in full force.

“Thank God you're alright. I was so worried something had happened to you when I didn't see you in the pack territory. Your father was so close to sending out a search party if I hadn't known you had your rut after Seoyeon came by.”

“Seoyeon came by?” Jungkook is confused. Why would she go to his mother? Was this after he kicked her out? Jungkook tenses thoughtfully, it irks him if this is why his mother is here and that she might have told her everything.