- 3 -

☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆

Being sick is an unpleasant affair, especially when it is some kind of a bad cold or the flu. The sensation of a burning nose or sneezing overwhelms you and even if that is not enough, you are overcome by a runny nose and fatigue. For what feels like an eternity, Jimin has been lying in bed snuggled under furs with nothing but a bad cold. He was even surprised by a fever two days ago, but luckily it went down quickly the next day. Tea helps a little during the day but he is still forced to lie awake at night by his stuffy nose.

His grandparents come to check up on him from time to time and ask how he is feeling.

"How are you feeling? Are you feeling better?"

They are his only family here in the village. That way, he can look after them and vice versa. It has always been a dream of his to move into his own hut, under the condition it's with a mate.

"Grandpa, I told you not to come in. I might infect you." Jimin sniffs and whines. The slight pressure he feels in his head makes him groan. The bright light that streams through the window doesn't help his headache in any way when he has his eyes open.

"Don't be silly. I have a strong immune system. Besides, I and your grandmother just want to help you. We're just worried about you," he clarifies with a following hum. He runs his fingers through Jimin's hair, making him relax. The motion soothes Jimin and it is so pleasant makes his eyes flutter.

"Jimin, it's okay to take a break sometimes. I've seen how hard you've worked these past few weeks and you have done so much as a healer, but you're a person too and you need sleep. It's not like you're the only healer in the village, hm? We are here too. You also need breaks like everyone else."

"But I only want the best for everyone-"

"I know you do, Jimin, and I bet the others see it that way too."

Jimin holds back a contemptuous snort. If only his grandfather knew...

"You are someone who works hard and your grandma and I are grateful to you for being such a diligent healer. We love you very much and remember, we only want what's best for you."

Jimin's heart melts at the words of his grandfather, but his grandfather's tone leaves no room for arguments.

"I love you too. I will pay more attention in the future."

"That's all I wanted to hear," his grandfather says and leans forward, placing a kiss on the top of his hair.

"Your grandmother has made soup for you if you want to eat something. I'll make you some more honey tea so that you can get better."

"Thank you."

"Of course. Just come to the kitchen whenever you're ready."

Jimin just nods wearily and watches his grandfather leave the room before the fatigue that weighs on him lulls him into a sleep.