- 7 -

________

________

!Mention of blood!

A/N: betas have scents in this story, mention in form of wounds

Hours. For hours, there has been a sign of the thunderstorm that's been brewing above their lands. Earlier the head alpha had given out a warning to the pack members to remain in their huts. The sky appeared dark and everyone assumed it would be harmless rain, but the heavy clouds remained throughout the day. Therefore the head alpha concluded that it's best and for everyone's safety not to go out in case it becomes tumultuous.

True to his words, heavy rain was soon followed by strong gusty winds. Despite the fact that it is only the beginning of autumn, the weather is abnormally warm for this time of year. Humidity has been present in the air, making it more difficult to breathe in the stale air. Another disadvantage of the weather is that some pack members will be in their huts, wondering about what they can do next just to get rid of the boredom.

Just like Jungkook who lays in his bed, snuggled up under his fur and his eyes open as he stares at the ceiling. Suddenly thunder rumbles and lightning hits a tree not far from his hut mere seconds later. Jungkook hears cracking, but all he really wants to do is lie here for a few minutes. He curls himself deeper into the fur that's providing him comforting warmth. It's not like he's afraid of thunder; not any longer. However, it reminds him of someone who was a part of his life before.

"Don't be scared," Jimin said and patted Jungkook's head, who tried to hide underneath the bed. Jimin could see the fear shining in Jungkook's eyes, his hunched posture giving a sense of urgency to hug him and reassure him. At that point, Jungkook was taller than the other, yet he felt safe in his arms. With him close by, the thunderstorm seemed only to be in the background.

"Hold me," Jungkook whined and buried his head in Jimin's neck. The taller couldn't suppress the small sniffles or the tears that rolled down his cheeks when he layed in his embrace.

"Please don't cry. I'm here, Jungkookie." His soft voice went through his ears and caused the boy to whine in content.

Jungkookie...

The memory leaves him with a bitter feeling, although it's been some days since he has seen Jimin last. There were several moments they spent together. They also did some silly things, like running around in the mud as young wolves despite the rain or stealing some freshly baked pastry. They met each other early in the pups group and based on what their parents said, you'd expect they were best friends quite immediately.

Things changed as they grew older, and they seemed to drift apart. The time they spent together before, they started to spent elsewhere. Jungkook would sneak glances at the other when they were little, feeling the distance between them but that soon stopped when the hope in him died and they grew too distant from each other.