- 15 -

______

______

An unsettling atmosphere hangs in the air while Jimin sits down next to the alpha and is close enough to the lake to dip his toes in. The few birds that were still chirping have now fallen silent. It seems the forest is standing still and waiting for Jimin's answer.

Despite saying, he misses his old life and wants it back, why does Jungkook say this suddenly? He's never brought it up before. Why now?

Jimin can't even tell if Jungkook is telling the truth, but based on his scent, he does. The sandalwood is more pungent with a subtle undertone of honeysuckle, making Jimin want to stay here longer.

"I miss you... and our friendship," Jungkook admits, observing Jimin's side profile before he darts his gaze back down to his feet on the earthy ground. "I'm not sure when I realised it. I guess there was always a part of me missing you. Lately, things seem different."

Jimin dips his fingers into the cold water. The pain from the cold temperature makes it difficult to ignore the spreading numbness. He doesn't care, though. It distracts him from Jungkook sitting next to him and playing with the water, giving him a calm mind. Just... how's he supposed to answer that?

"I don't think it matters really." Jimin huffs and looks into the distance. An ugly feeling spreads through him. With all feelings, he no longer knows what is wrong and right. "Seoyeon wouldn't like it."

"What does she have to do with it?" Jimin sighs, shaking his head, as he realises that Jungkook really has no idea what he means by this implication. Didn't Jungkook ever notice how she increasingly took his place in Jungkook's life when they were kids?

"Everything..." Jimin hums, looking down at his hands with a pained expression. Tears are welling up, but he tries to suppress them. Everything only frustrated him more the longer he sits there, having this conversation. "It wouldn't be the first time she made that her business."

"I don't understand..."

"Haven't you ever noticed the way she looks at me? Or all the things she did to me?!" Towards the end, Jimin becomes louder and louder as the pent-up feelings erupt from him like lava from a volcano. All that has accumulated in him over the past years pushes itself to the surface, and yet he doesn't trust Jungkook enough to tell him the entire truth. Seoyeon made them drift apart in the past, and he kept trying to tell him, but Jungkook wouldn't believe it, so he's hesitant to bring it up.

"Why would she hurt you? I don't see a reason for her to do that when we haven't spoken properly in years, and she's the perfect candidate for the head omega," Jungkook explains with a puzzled expression. Jimin looks at him in bewilderment because, for Seoyeon, there is definitely more to it. After all, she saw an opportunity as a child when their friendship fell apart, and she got involved.

"Are you sure she doesn't love you? Or you her?" Jimin can hear the pounding of his own heart as he asks, not wanting to believe Jungkook can respond in the affirmative. "After all, you have been together for quite some time."