- 9 -

+×+×+

+×+×+

A/N: this chapter has not been beta proof read

+×+×+

Jungkook is staring at the white clouds, mindlessly as he's laying in the meadow. One hand supports his head, while his other hand strokes through the green-brown grass beside his body and plucks at blades of grass. A pleasant breeze brushes his face and for once he feels carefree. There is silence, no one to talk to him and he has no obligations to follow.

Today he can just relax and listen to the sounds of nature. Jungkook feels as if the wind has put an arm around him and moves around him protectively. He feels weightless, despite the fact that he is lying in a large meadow and listening to the rustling of the red-coloured leaves as they fall from trees or fly across the meadow.

When rays of the sun break through the thick cloud cover, Jungkook closes his eyes with relish and lets them wander over his face. The warmth gives him a sense of well-being and makes him want to stay there longer.

A butterfly lands on a flower protruding close to him from the earth. It's rare that he sees a butterfly at this time of year, usually, he sees many around summer. The little animal brings a small smile to his lips, but it quickly disappears as he is reminded of the time when he and Jimin were little, having fun, and suddenly a butterfly landed on Jimin's hair.

The next moment he was petrified, but Jungkook had assured him that the little butterfly was harmless and all he had to do was hold still so it wouldn't fly away. Jungkook wears a bitter smile on his face at the memory. When the butterfly flew away, they both ran after it without hesitation until they could no longer see it. Both let out their carefree laughter.

Jungkook sighs and closes his eyes while running a hand through his hair. "Why am I nowadays thinking of him all the time? Why am I seeking him out all the time?"

It makes no sense to Jungkook. They haven't had a friendship for a long time, in years they haven't communicated with each other properly. During this time he hasn't thought about the other or their quarrels anymore. So why now?

What does he have to do to make it stop? Does he need to seek out Jimin so that this doesn't happen anymore? His wolf doesn't seem to mind at all. Quite the opposite. At the idea of reaching out to the younger one, his alpha is happy and wags his tail joyfully. Apparently, there really is something wrong with his alpha. After all, it was Jimin who distanced himself from Jungkook.

He sits up and shakes his head in annoyance. Jungkook has had enough of how often Jimin pops up in his head. The alpha resolves to see the other later to finally put an end to it all. When he sees that Jimin is well and alive, all this will surely stop. Although he might have to try not being so obvious about seeing him for that reason, who knows what the other will think otherwise.