- 18 -

____

A/N: I imagine the huts in this story to be somewhat traditional huts / cabins like in medieval times but people living in the forest. So not modern.

_________

When Seoyeon enters the hut from the dense forest carrying a wild boar on her shoulder, Seoyeon's mother rolls her eyes at her sight. Though it doesn't go unnoticed by her, Seoyeon doesn't comment immediately. It's evident that her mother isn't thrilled about her having been out hunting again, one of the things she picked up from her father and her mother is anything but pleased about it. She's never been.

She lets out an annoyed sigh as she crashes dry spice in a mortar, throwing Seoyeon side glances. The present negative tension in the hut makes Seoyeon feel uneasy. She puts the boar down near the fireplace and gets rid of her thick fur before she starts to skin the animal. But no matter how much she tries to ignore her mother's glances, Seoyeon can't help but be bothered by them.

"You know, if you want to say something, you can do it," Seoyeon says with a hint of annoyance. She is suspicious about why her mother can't take her eyes off her. It has been the topic of conversation several times lately, and the problem is, Seoyeon tries, but it's not enough and things just don't seem to work in her favour lately.

"Seoyeon, you know why I'm like this. You've been working on this for years, and I can't see any progress. Lately, you've been going out to hunt even more as well. I don't know what your plan is to become head omega, but it's clearly not working. Seeing you skinning an animal in our hut instead of being at Jungkook's side just makes me assume you don't even try to become head omega anymore, nor that you have a plan in your mind. I'm sure you know how important it is to stick to it."

Seoyeon sourly clenches her teeth and begins to skin the boar more coarsely. Her mother's words repeat in her head. It makes her incredibly angry to know that she is right. Lately, she has not spoken what feels like ten sentences with Jungkook. First there were meetings with his father, then he had to go on patrol, or he didn't even notice her presence. If she thinks about it, it got worse after she talked to Donghyun in the hut and Jungkook caught her.

That day, the alpha seemed upset but also angry and had thrown her out of the hut. The whole thing had made her even angrier, whereupon she had tried to set up another plan with Donghyun, and she had incidentally unleashed another rumour about Jimin. Everything went wonderfully according to plan for Jimin to stay away from Jungkook as usual. After all, she is supposed to be the future head omega.

But why does she hate Jimin so much? In her eyes, Jimin simply possesses everything it takes to be head omega, and it makes her incredibly frustrated and panicked to see how close Jimin and Jungkook might become again. The potential chance that Jimin could have become (can still become) head omega, had she done nothing, was there. His beauty surpassed and enchanted everyone, always had. She despises how Jungkook was under his spell back then too, which made them both inseparable.

Not to forget Jungkook's rut. The first rut hit him out of nowhere back then, and Seoyeon was ready to be by his side. She had prepared for it. Since Jungkook presented later than other alphas and her, she had enough time to prepare and help Jungkook. However, to her confusion, Jungkook had kicked her out of the hut as he had done with his last rut, locking Seoyeon out with a lot of fuss. She realised why when his mother had sent her to fetch water, and Seoyeon could make out an odd word or two on the door. Jungkook hadn't blabbed out her name but Jimin's name and not just once.

It threw her in an emotional fit and made him hate Jimin even more. Somehow, her mother picked up on the tension between Jungkook and her. There were quite a few occasions she must have noticed.