- 2 -

✦  ° 

✦  °  .

It begins with the summery wind whispering in the trees and clouds
darkening the sky into a dusty summer dark. The sun is obscured, only a few rays of sunlight can still penetrate through the dense layer of clouds. The sound of a deer running across the forest floor, stirring up the green leaves, eclipses the sound of the dewdrops of rain falling on a stream burbles and off the leaves.

A soft and soothing humming follows along the chirping of the birds in the dense forest. It's so calm and yet it holds all the power.

Jimin feels this effect as he climbs slippery stones, to get closer to the river bed with a basket full of fabric to wash. He holds on to the larger stones with his dainty fingers to prevent him from slipping away. Even though the stream is not strong at the moment, he could injure himself if he were to make a wrong step and fall easily.

Upon reaching the water, he takes one piece of fabric after another out of the basket and lays it on a pile beside him. One by one, he begins to wash the fabrics by hand, humming to himself in concentration on washing. 

The water is not particularly warm which makes him not want to stay there any longer than necessary, even if the warm summer weather feels pleasant and like a warm blanket around him. He had already noticed the darkening of the clouds in the sky on his way there and it was only a matter of time before he would feel the raindrops on his skin. His thoughts float to the conversation he had with his grandfather in the morning. 

He told him about the incident that happened a few days ago. Jimin had to chuckle slightly as his gaze fell from the food table to the flower crown lying on one of the cupboards, recalling the day he got it handed to him. Jimin went to the hut as usual and prepared new herbal mixtures, which is for one of the pack members who has been struck with a fever. 

Early in the morning, however, he was surprised by a little girl who visited him in the hut and judging by her even weaker smell, she did not tell her parents that she came to visit. The girl has a weak scent which means she hasn't presented yet. This does not mean, however, that Jimin cannot notice how she feels. 

Back to the incident when the little girl came into his hut, she looked shyly at the floor. Jimin had wondered at first what she was up to and why she has come? His questions were answered relatively quickly by the little pup holding out a flower crown and stepping up to him.

The healer was surprised, to say the least. For a few moments, his attention was fixed on her. At first, he assumed it was just his imagination and that she wasn't there at all. But when her eyes flashed with disappointment, she began to suspect that Jimin didn't want to take the present at all.

"Did you make this yourself?" The words stumbled out of his mouth before he could hold them back. 

"Yes." The cute girl nodded bravely, meeting his gaze with renewed hope.