- 13 -

_____

Adrenalin shoots through Jimin's body, as his feet touch the forest floor, all Jimin can feel is the rough texture and his feet ache from the uneven ground and the eternal running. In his wolf form, he moves quickly and evasively through the forest, hoping that this will somehow distract the bear that is chasing him. Panic overtakes him as the black bear somehow manages to catch up with him in a few strides and snaps at him with its mouth, catching him by the leg. A sharp pain shoots through his body, and he has to grit his teeth to keep running and fighting to stay alive. Jimin is quick enough to free himself from the bear's clutches. However, it has left a larger flesh wound on his leg.

A fearsome deep growl escapes the large creature, and it sends a shiver down Jimin's spine.

Even the earthy smell that surrounds Jimin and has always made him feel safe cannot calm him. The fear of being caught by the beast and being at its mercy alone in the forest is too great. It would be impossible to defeat this creature alone. His pulse throbs high up into his ears, and the abrupt sideways stitching is painful and makes it harder for him to hold on. Even breathing becomes more strenuous. Jimin will soon have to give up.

Branches cracking under the bear's weight make Jimin startle each time and slalom around the thick tree trunks and root again, hoping the bear will stumble and give him enough time to run away. The only question is: where to?

Jimin has been wandering through this forest for what feels like an eternity, away from the pack, and has yet to find anything that can help him. The sound of the flowing river nearby, which he can hear, will be of no help to him. The bear has certainly crossed it before, and if Jimin tried to get through it, he would certainly not be able to fight it and would be swept away by the current. All he wanted to do today was hunt in their territory and find food before the snow arrives when the bear surprised him out of nowhere.

If this continues, he will be at the bear's mercy, which could certainly suit Seoyeon.

Fatigue weighs on his joints, and he slows down. Attempting to jump over some brush, he trips and falls on the wound, howling in hellish pain. Attempting to get up and keep running proves impossible at first, as his fur is stuck in some brush, and he may have injured one of his paws. Jimin feels like crying. It was not a good idea at all to try to jump over it. This is certainly not how he had imagined his last day of life. The bear is getting closer and closer, and the brush is still clinging to his fur. He feels short of breath, and a soft yelp escapes his mouth.

He pulls himself free as the bear suddenly emerges from between the trees and runs towards him as if Jimin were its prey. Run!, his subconscious screams. The increasing lack of oxygen in his lungs is like a burning sensation and makes it harder to breathe, as if something has wrapped itself around his neck and is constricting him tighter. It feels like he could pass out at any moment. Jimin lets out another yelp, this time louder, desperate and filled with pain. He doesn't know how to muster up any more hope that someone might hear him or even rush to help.