1: Poisoned Thoughts

"Who are you!"

"You have to get to safety!"

"I'm a part of you!"

Raya woke from the nightmare, gasping and hyperventilating. It was about a month after the Druun were banished and for a few nights, Raya slept peacefully but it wasn't long before she started having horrible nightmares. She didn't tell her Ba about what was happening since she didn't want to worry him. All she dreamt about was Druun, her former rival -Namaari, and a strange darkness which was in her more recent nightmares. Since the big celebration when they saved the world, the two princesses haven't spoken and the only words they exchanged at the celebration was Raya telling her that she did the right thing and then said goodbye to her when she was leaving. 

*Flashback to the celebration*

Raya was enjoying the fact that Kumandra, something that once only existed in her head was real. Everyone from each tribe interacting lovingly, just peace. While she stood admiring everyone, she felt a hand on her shoulder which slightly startled her. She turned around to see the Fang princess. She smiled at her and said, "Hey Namaari."

"Hey Raya. This...this is beautiful. To see everyone come together." said Namaari a little shyly.

"It is very amazing to see. I feel like I'm dreaming!" 

Namaari nervously laughed and then said, "Well it is real and...thank you for trusting me."

"I had to. It was the only way. And you did the right thing." said Raya, holding Namaari's hand gently. 

Namaari felt her heart skip a beat at the feel of Raya's touch but she ignored the feelings she felt and said, "Thank you Raya. Oh um...I have to find my mother now so...see you later?"

"Sure." replied Raya.

Their goodbye was said in reciprocating smiles and Raya went to her friends. She was delighted to meet Noi's mother and grandmother as well as Tong and Boun's families. She spent the rest of the day with them and her Ba, getting carried away in various conversations and Boun's jokes. As the day came to a close, persons began leaving to return to their respectful homes, bidding their allies goodbye. Namaari was preparing to leave with her people but went to say goodbye to Raya. She saw her at the bridge among the crowd of people and said, "Raya..."

Raya instantly turned around and said, "Hey dep la, are you leaving now?"

"Yeah, we'll be returning to Fang. But I hope to visit you in the future, if you'd like."

"I sure would. Have a safe journey home with your people." said Raya.

"Thank you." 

They shook hands and then Namaari left.

*End of flashback

Now, Raya was obviously sleep deprived since she suffered dark circles and eye bags and her eyes were also a little red. She's also been readjusting to life as a princess. There was a lot of training to catch up on but there was no rush. It was more difficult for her to adjust to a world without Druun than normal persons who were just stoned. When they came back, it felt like a second, while Raya and the others who were lucky went through 6 years with the malevolent beings. When Raya went for breakfast that morning, the Chief noticed how exhausted she was. "Good morning dewdrop, are you feeling okay?" he asked sweetly.

Raya faked a smile and said, "Good morning Ba, I'm fine."

"You look exhausted. If you need more sleep, you can rest some more."