25: Fragile Hearts

Namaari's words completely shocked Raya and she backed away a bit. Namaari realized what she said and just as she was about to apologize, Raya said, "I don't wanna speak to you."

She returned to the meeting room and Adira smiled when she saw her. "Welcome back Raya."

"Thank you mom." replied Raya with a smile.

After she was acknowledged, the meeting resumed and Maru said, "Commander Adira, you wrecked my home. And your warriors injured so many of Tail's warriors. People from Tail have...unpleasant feelings towards Madilia and I think they have a right to be upset. And I'm a representative of Tail. The other lands may forgive your actions but they were not directly affected. I have no problems with them even making you a part of Kumandra but I do not want any Madilian in Tail unless you come up with a way to make up for your actions."

Adira remained silent and Chief Benja said, "I think that replacing what they destroyed and helping displaced families will be sufficient, Commander Maru."

"I don't think so. That will not tame the rage that churn in the people. I refuse to alter my decision at the moment. When I return to Tail, I'll consult with the people to know what they would like." Said Maru.

"Be it not for what Jiro did to Raya, I doubt we'll be here in such peace." Said Tyra.

"What are you implying Miss Tyra?" asked Pengu.

"I know their rage cannot be banished as how we banished our plan but the actual residents of Madilia who took no part in our actions shouldn't be barred if the rest of Kumandra wants to have a mutual relationship with us." explained Tyra.

"I'm sorry but each land is entitled to their own decision." replied the dragon.

"I understand but that could spawn a war. Why? What if people from Tail decide to attack a Madilian just because they are from Madilia."

"Don't worry about that happening. If the people do not want you in Tail, under no circumstance are you allowed to enter the land. As long as you comply, they have no right no play with fire with you guys." said Maru.

Adira then spoke up and said, "Okay Commander Maru. Well I need a few guards to travel with me to the coast because we'll be turning over Jiro."

"Very Well Commander. So with everything being sorted, this meeting is now adjourned."

Everyone got up and Chief Virana went to Raya and said, "Hello sweetheart, did you find my daughter when you exited the room after her?"

"Hello Chief, yes I did..." Said Raya in a very sad tone.

"Is...everything okay?"

Raya took a deep breath to prevent herself from crying from being hurt by Namaari's words. "Yes. She was at the balcony." 

Raya left the meeting room and went to her room where she just begun crying. Chief Benja saw when she entered and he went to her room and knocked on the door. "Dewdrop?"

He heard her crying and opened the door. She was on the edge of her bed and her father held her close and said, "What's wrong Raya?"

"N- Namaari...she- hurt m-my feelings..." said Raya through her sobs.

"What? What did she do?"

Raya didn't immediately answer as she tried to calm down from her tears. 

........................................................................
Adira saw Namaari by the balcony with Chief Virana and after the Chief left, she went over to her and greeted her with a smile. "Hello, are you Namaari?"