29: Lake Menipu Megah

Raya and Alanze arrived near the peak of a mountain and Raya said, "Woah, it's beautiful here...in an eerie way."

The plants were beautiful and it was almost as if they paved the way to a cave up ahead but something felt immensely off about that place. "Don't let any paranormal activity here scare you. They happen to keep humans from entering the cave and finding the lake. But since you're with me, the entities shouldn't get too worked up." said Alanze.

Raya shivered a bit and then said, "Not even Druun made me so uncomfortable... Alanze, I- I really don't like the feeling I'm having."

"I know it's unpleasant but it should make you feel that way. If it makes you better, close your eyes and hold on to me. I'll lead you to the lake."

"Yeah, sure..."

Raya did just that and Alanze carefully led her through the cave.

...................................................................................................

"Raya left with a dragon...it has something to do with her pregnancy." said Namaari to Adira. 

"Okay. Well now, we have Jiro. He'll be imprisoned and guarded intensely until she arrives." said Benja.

"What's up with him? Afraid of dying?" said Vashi as he stared at him.

Jiro only glanced at him and whispered, "I'm sorry..."

Vashi could feel that he was being sincere but ignored his sincerity. He was too upset at the fact that he could have killed his sister.

"Guards, take him to his cell and keep an eye on him." said Vashi.

..................................................................................................

"We're here. You can open your eyes now Raya." Said Alanze. 

Raya opened her eyes and gasped when she saw the beautiful lake. Bioluminescent life forms illuminated the lake and the water glistened. Above the lake were stalactites of various shades of blue and green. They reflected in the crystal clear waters of the lake, amplifying its beauty. It was a very breathtaking view that contrasted the sinister feeling of the entities of the cave.

"I- I don't even know what to say! It's so beautiful!"

"It really is. I absolutely love coming here. But the water of the lake...it is extremely heavy even though it is powerful. Not even the strongest water dragons like Pengu can navigate it. It just pulls the intruder down and the end of it is unknown. Do you want me to tell you about the Legend of Lake Menipu Megah?"

"Absolutely." Raya was intrigued and only desired to learn more about this mysterious, magical place. She sat on a rock next to Alanze and then Alanze began, "This lake was discovered by some of the first dragons ever that existed long before humans. At the time of discovery, it was a normal lake. But soon, there was a great war and to this very day, the cause is unknown. Darkness fell over Kumandra and a mysterious sickness began killing dragons, but not before letting them suffer brutally. The dragons that discovered this hidden lake came up with a solution...to combine all their power in the water so that it could be healing waters for any other dragon that's to be infected. They believed this theory would work since the water was pure and presumed to be untouched. So they did that, but didn't know that they'd had to to pay the ultimate sacrifice. They died...and they were honored by the remaining dragons. Their sacrifice was the solution and by just touching a drop of water, the subject was healed from the darkness.

"A dragon that controlled the weather lifted some of the healing waters high into the atmosphere, letting it become clouds and raining down, cleansing the world of the terror. And that darkness was banished. But overtime, the sacrifice of those dragons was becoming forgotten but only remembered when someone needed help. There was no one there just visiting to remember and honor the great sacrifice and their spirits lurked in the cave to prevent anyone from entering, especially humans. Only very few times would they pardon people. And you, Raya, were pardoned today. The spirits sense greatness, sincerity and good intentions inside you and they will grant you your desire."

Raya was in complete awe as she intently listened to Alanze and she said, "I'm honored that they deem me worthy."

Alanze smiled and said, "I'm one of the very few that still know about the existence of Lake Menipu Megah and you are the only human of this era that knows about it. And I'm sorry to say, but you must keep it a secret. We wouldn't want anyone coming here and exploiting the power, upsetting the spirits. Kumandra has faced enough turmoil."

"I understand Alanze."

"Good. Now, I want you to clear your mind. Don't focus on any negativity. How this works is similar to how humans commune with science. I can instruct the healing waters on what is to be done using my magic. Afterwards, I'll aim it at you and it will carry out those actions that I requested since they accept you. It may not be very smooth, but it can be more bearable if you stay as calm as possible. Are you ready?"

Raya took a deep breath and said, "I think I'm ready."

"Be sure. Don't be hesitant about your desire. That will only induce pain."

Just as Alanze was to begin, Raya said, "Wait..."

Alanze stopped and stared at her with concern. Raya then said shakily, "I'm scared."

"I know. Anyone would be. But this is only to help you Raya. You'll be okay." said Alanze.

"I- I need to mentally condition myself for this...can I- return?"

"I suppose so but I don't choose if you can reenter. The spirits do. Remember that you are honored to have this opportunity. Do you want to possibly let it pass?"

"No Alanze."

"Good. Just take a deep breath, close your eyes and clear your mind."

Raya followed the instruction and attempted to quell her fears. Alanze then began to use her powers to extract some of the healing waters from the lake and it began glowing into a blue orb before Alanze directed it to Raya. She levitated a bit and the feeling of the power was a very unpleasant one. She began groaning and Alanze said, "It will finish the work. Hold on Raya! This will end soon."

The pain was becoming more intense due to Raya getting more afraid. But after what felt like an hour of unrelenting pain, the process was completed but she was weakened and fell. Alanze quickly went to catch her and said, "You did it. Let's get you back home now to your family. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you."

"Thank you Alanze." replied Raya softly with her eyes partially opened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will happen next? Stick around to find out! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, more updates coming up soon.