38: Building Tensions

Only Virana, Namaari and the healers were aware of Raya's miscarriage and breakfast was pretty tense since her brothers were unaware of what was going on. Raya wasn't very talkative and Namaari attempted to keep conversations lively. "So...we're going to the waterfall today?" asked Vashi after a long while of silence.

"Wait...what?" asked Virana.

"Well uh, we planned to see the waterfall close up." said Zou.

"You will need to be really careful. It is a beautiful wonder but it's also very dangerous. Do not go too close to it because if things go wrong..."

"Don't worry mother, we'll all be fine." said Namaari.

"Oh! And then we can take Raya to the Draconis Cave!" said Zou.

"Yeah! rivers run through and bioluminescent algae gives it a beautiful blue and green glow. It's so magical there, but lots of bats live there." said Namaari.

Raya had zoned out and she snapped back when Namaari called her name. "Oh uh- I'm sorry. I have to go..."

She got up and left the dining table. After she left, Vashi said, "No more games and silence. What's wrong with her?"

Namaari sighed and said, "Don't mention it to her after we tell you. But she had a miscarriage."

Vashi gasped and said, "A miscarriage?"

Virana nodded yes. "It's been affecting her a lot, guys."

"It's so coincidental that it happened right after Jiro's death. It makes me think that whatever dark powers he had would've passed on to the baby. Darkness running through its veins...but the annihilation of the source would annihilate it as well." explained Vashi.

"That...makes sense." said Virana.

"I'll go talk to her. There's more to it than just that. Something that's darker..."

"How do you know all this Vashi?" asked Zou.

"I'm from an island that practiced spells and things happened. And mom was the leader." replied Vashi.

"Hold up...so you have dark powers?" asked Virana.

"I don't think of it as 'dark'. Just 'powers'. I have no malevolent intentions and I only use my abilities as a last resort."

"Hmm alright dear. Go and find your sister."

................................................................................................

"Tyra, I am not oblivious to your feelings for... me."

"Adira...h-how? How did you know?"

"I can sense the desire in your heart." said Adira.

"Oh...right. And I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. You're human and nothing is wrong with having feelings." said Adira.

"Something is wrong...with these feelings. I don't want this to negatively impact your family...and worse, our friendship that we've built over so many years." explained Tyra.

Adira hugged her and said, "Everything will be okay between us. You're still my best friend. But..."

"I know... I have to respect the boundaries."

Adira nodded yes with a slight smile and Tyra said, "Thank you for not...seeing me as a different person."

"Of course Tyra." replied Adira, giving her a hug. "So I- I am going to return to Kumandra soon."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

Adira nodded no. "There's already so much chaos here with our people and there's no one better to leave in charge than you."

Tyra smiled and said, "Okay. I'll try to keep things orderly as best as I can."

"Thank you."

........................................................................................

"Pengu..."

Pengu turned around and saw Alanze. He gave her a displeased look and said, "I know what you did, Alanze."

"Pengu, I had to help Raya."

"I know Alanze, but there's a great risk to what you did. You should have consulted with me first so that we could generate the safest spell before going ahead with what you think is the right decision. Now, we have to find a way to stop the static sounds and lights from the cave but it's not safe to enter." said Pengu.

"We should ask the other dragons for help."

"No. Lake Menipu Megah should be kept as a secret. The more people and dragons know about it, the greater the chance of the ancient powers being exploited and if things go awful, we can wish Kumandra goodbye. I haven't even told Eriq about it and he's my mate." Pengu blushed as he spoke the final sentence as he thought of Eriq.

"I understand Pengu. But- the lake was fine after Raya visited. These new events begun last night. Do you think it has to do with Jiro being destroyed?" asked Alanze.

"I'm not so sure. But I think it's best you go check if Raya is okay. If things are going haywire with it and what's happening is linked to Jiro, Raya could be in some sort of danger. Go to Heart immediately and report back to me as soon as you can." said Pengu.

"I will, at once." replied Alanze.

She left to the palace of Heart in hopes of Raya being okay. She saw Chief Benja talking with a few servants outside the palace and she landed close to them. They all bowed in reverence to her and the Chief said, "Hello, Great Dragon. How may I be of service?" 

"Good day Chief Benja, do you know where your daughter is?"

"She's staying in Fang with Namaari and her brothers for a while. She needed to get out this environment for a while because of what happened with Jiro." replied Benja.

The Chief didn't miss the look of worry on Alanze's face and he said, "Is everything okay?"

"Just a...slight concern. May we speak in a more private setting?"

Benja dismissed the servants then Alanze said, "I'm the dragon that assisted with her pregnancy but since Jiro was destroyed, things have been unusual where we were. But- everything is under control. I just want to know that she's okay."

"I hope everything is okay as well. I suggest you visit Fang and let me know if all is well."

"I will, Chief. Thank you."

"Of course."

Alanze left to Fang, worried about Raya. Deep down, she and Pengu had nothing under control but he didn't want to worry her father. 

However, Raya was in immense pain. She was in the infirmary and Vashi kept her in his arms and tried to comfort her as much as possible. One of the healers went over to him and said, "Should I alert the Chief?"

Vashi nodded yes and the healer left to find Virana. When Vashi was left with his sister, he held her closer and said, "You're going to be okay Raya, I promise." 

He kissed her cheek and she weakly said, "Th-thank you for being here for me."

"You're my sister and I love you. I'll always be here for you."

"I love you too Vash." she replied weakly. 

Atitaya entered the room not long afterwards and said, "Prin- um...sorry am I interrupting something?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anddd...scene! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! More soon!