24: The Meeting

"Are you sure you want to be there to talk about what Jiro has done to you?" asked Vashi.

Raya was getting ready but she was sad during the entire morning. Of course she would be. Which young woman wouldn't be depressed after learning that they are pregnant after being raped? 

"I am sure..." she replied weakly.

"You look very beautiful by the way."

"Thanks Vashi." she replied without a change in her demeanor. 

"Tell me what is bothering you exactly."

"It's nothing it's just...everything is overwhelming..." She then gently rubbed across her tummy and said, "I think I know what I want for this pregnancy."

"What would you want?"

"I want to keep the baby." 

Vashi was completely shocked by what Raya said and he said, "What made you come up with this decision?"

"I got pregnant out of an absolutely disgusting situation...but the child...doesn't deserve to endure the consequences." Said Raya.

"That baby is the consequence. The question is, are you sure about this? You will have to raise the baby as a single mother."

"I know but...I think I want this Vashi." Said Raya.

"Okay Raya."

He embraced her and kissed her cheek. "Well let's go to the meeting room. The other Chiefs should be there awaiting us."

"Yeah. By the way, you look amazing in Heart's outfit. You look like the much younger version of Ba but with long hair." Said Raya.

"Well he is our father so..."

Raya slightly chuckled and said, "Obviously. By that I meant that you look really great."

"Thank you Raya."

They held hands as they left the room and went to where the meeting was being held. All eyes were on them as they entered, especially Raya. Everyone else was there and smiled at the siblings as they entered. They took their seats and Chief Benja smiled and said, "My beautiful daughter and very handsome son, welcome."

"Good day everyone." Said Raya with a smile she hoped seemed genuine.

"Good day all, thank you for having us." Said Vashi.

Raya eyed Namaari and just before they made eye contact, she nervously looked away. She just felt uneasy and had a feeling that Namaari wouldn't be too pleased about her choice. But as her partner, she should be supportive, right? Maybe she shouldn't be too perturbed.

"Thank you to all the Chiefs for being here today along with Commander Maru being the representative of  Tail. We will just await our dragon superior before this meeting commences." said Chief Benja.

Namaari noticed how angsty Raya was and she tried making eye contact but Raya looked another way each time she thought their eyes would lock. Raya also subtly studied Tyra who sat next to her mother opposite to her. Tyra was a very beautiful woman but now wasn't the time for Raya to admire another woman. After a tense silence, the door opened and a tall male with long green hair was there. It was none other than humanoid Pengu. He smiled and said, "Good day everyone, My sincere apologies for being late, changing to human form was a little more complex than I thought. But thanks to my dear sister, I'm here and ready to partake in our discussions."

"Hello Pengu, that's totally fine. Thank you for joining us." said Benja. 

After Pengu took his seat, Chief Benja took a deep breath and said, "Today, we meet for a very important matter. A drastic situation regarding my daughter, Princess Raya. Many of you might not be aware of the predicament but former Chief of Tail, Jiro Khiev, sexually abused my daughter. It was the heroic actions of my former wife and leader of the Madilians, Commander Adira, that saved her. Otherwise, we can't imagine what would have happened to the princess. And so today, we meet together to decide the fate of Khiev."

Raya felt as though she was going to cry and she kept her head down as a way to avoid the tension from the eyes that were probably glued to her. Vashi held her hand under the table and gently caressed it since he noticed how uncomfortable she was.

Pengu was the first to speak after Chief Benja and said, "I'm deeply disturbed by what had happened. I'm sure many of us already have a suitable fate in mind but Princess Raya, we want to hear from you. We want to know all this man did to you."

Raya slightly shivered and then she said softly, "I'm sorry...I can't talk about it just yet."

A tear managed to escape her eye and Pengu smiled in an understanding way and said, "It's okay Princess, I understand how traumatic something as that must have been. If you feel too overwhelmed, you may sit out the rest of the meeting."

"No I'll stay, I...I just need a moment..." replied Raya.

She wiped her tear away and then began recalling what Jiro did to her. "In the midst of the tension of the previously feared war, I decided that I would go to the Madilian camp with my brother Vashi to reunite with my mother. She was at the camp alone since she was injured and the army was on their way to Heart. I waited in the outskirts while Vashi went to get her. That's when I felt a pair of eyes on me and I saw that it was Jiro. He approached me claiming he apologized for how he had spoken to me in a prior meeting. It was just a way to fool me and he suddenly had me pinned against a tree with my sword against my throat. He threatened to take my life if I fought back..."

Tears wouldn't stop flowing down the princess' eyes and when she felt as though she could continue, she said, "And then...I complied with what he wanted me to do out of fear. He took me to a cave where he did the absolute most horrendous things to me. He touched me sexually, he physically abused me...and now I... I'm pregnant because of his actions."

There was shock on everyone's face and even Pengu. Raya eyed Namaari who seemed very upset. Dang-Hai said, "Princess Raya, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. But without hesitation, I am in favor of execution. In Talon, that is the punishment for such an act. Such an individual is nothing short of a monster. A vile being that isn't worthy of life."

There was no hesitation among everyone else present at the meeting and Pengu said, "So this is unanimous. But the final decision lies in the hands of the Princess. Princess Raya, are you in favor of Jiro Khiev being punished by execution?"

"Yes I am." replied the Princess.

"Great." replied Pengu. 

"Excuse me please..." Said Namaari before she got up and left the room.

Raya couldn't help excusing herself as well. She saw Namaari by the rail, looking into the blue. Raya was hesitant but she slowly approached and then placed her hand on Namaari's shoulder and said, "Dep la... it's me. What's wrong?"

Namaari took a deep breath and said, "Why didn't you tell me that he got you pregnant?"

"You weren't here...you had left to Fang. I needed you so much in that moment Namaari."

"So what is your plan? Abortion?"

"Actually no... I don't wanna end a life because of what someone did to me." said Raya.

"May I ask you something?" 

Raya nodded yes and then in a fit of rage, Namaari said, "After all that you've been through, that's what you choose. ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT RAYA?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will happen between these two? Stay tuned for more!