20: A Bond to Be

Adira and her warriors were on their way back to Madilia on the ships they first arrived in. Tyra noticed how she was unusually quiet, staring into the blue and said, "Everything fine Adira?"

Adira didn't immediately answer but then she said, "Hmm? Oh uh- Sorry Tyra. Yes I'm fine."

"Tell that to someone who hasn't known you for 15 years. I know something is bothering you. Is it Benja?"

"I guess so." she replied. "Not just him but...Raya. She's my baby girl and...I can't imagine how she feels right now...but I just can't go back."

"Your heart is refusing to let go of the past. I think Benja is willing to have you back in Heart. And you'll always feel this way if you refuse to do what your heart truly wants." Tyra explained, taking Adira's hands in hers.

"It's not only about me. What about the rest of the warriors? And the normal residents of Madilia? I can't just tell them to go back to the lands that exiled them. I'd probably be putting their lives in danger."

"Here's what I suggest. You don't have to send them back but an agreement can be made between Kumandra and Madilia that enables citizens from either territory to freely travel to the other. That way, we aren't abandoning Madilia. If citizens there want to stay, they can. It's just that...we could be allies."

Adira thought for a moment and said, "That's a good idea."

"I have something else to propose to you but not right now." said Tyra.

"Why not tell me now?" asked Adira.

Tyra smirked and said, "Don't worry about it. Let's just focus on what's immediately next, okay?"

Adira playfully rolled her eyes and smiled. "Still the mischievous woman you are..."

"No doubt about that."

"But I will have to meet with Benja regarding what's to be done with that rapist."

"I think death is the most appropriate punishment. Right now I'm tempted to go to his cell and summon a creature to tear him apart. If you were probably even 1 minute late, your daughter would be dead."

The thought caused Adira's heart to palpitate. She took a deep breath and stared into the blue then said, "That haunts me. And I agree. But I think the final decision should lie in the hands of Raya."

"Well you'll have to plan that with them." 

.....................................................................................

When Vashi got to where the camp was, he sighed in disappointment seeing that they had left already. He spurred his serlot headed to the coast to see if they were fully out of Kumandra. However, on his way there, he was startled by a dragon. The dragon was Pengu and he said, "Woah...uh- sorry."

"I'm the one that should be sorry."

 "I'm just monitoring around for any suspicious activities. So what you doing in here alone?" asked the water dragon.

"I'm Vashi. Princess Namaari had asked me to get my mother. Raya really wants to see her." explained Vashi.

"Oh so you're Chief Benja's son?"

"Yes I am."

"Great to meet you Vashi. But sadly, they have all left for a while now. I saw their ships in the distance."

Vashi sighed and then said, "Okay...thank you."

"You're welcome. But you know, if you want me to deliver a message, I'll gladly do so."