8: Convincing

Raya's face lit up and she said, "Meaning...THE bridge? To come to Heart?"

Virana chuckled and said, "Yes Princess. He's there. I was able to convince him to go that far. I'll speak to your father about letting you staying with him for a while."

"Thank you so much!" expressed Raya.

"You're welcome darling."

Raya left to meet Zou. He was at the other side leaning against a tree, waiting for Raya with his serlot nearby. When he saw her approaching, he felt himself smiling. He went to meet her and they embraced. Zou held her as though he was protecting her and said, "Oh Raya, I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too Zou! I was so worried that you'd never come back here."

"I did for you, Raya."

He lightly kissed her forehead and Raya pulled away slightly and said softly with a slight blush, "Are you getting romantic?"

"No, not at all. I've realized that we have a connection and though we don't know why, I feel like you mean the world to me. That kiss was just a little affection." expressed Zou. He didn't want Raya to know that Chief Benja saw him as a suitor for her because he really didn't feel in love with her like that.

Raya smiled at him again and returned in his arms. They embraced each other for a little more time before Raya said, "You heard about what's happening, right?"

"Actually, no. Care to fill me in?"

"There's a threat to Kumandra. According to the dragons, a massive group of warriors are plotting to infiltrate and take out the leaders. And I feel like that's what our dreams have been trying to tell us all along. Fang and Heart are meeting to discuss being allies and tomorrow we'll meet with the dragons so you, Namaari and Chief Virana are welcomed for the night." explained Raya.

"Raya, I really don't want to be there."

"I know that you're mad at my Ba. I was too! And he admitted that he was wrong. You were invited here for two reasons, to meet with one of the dragons so you and I can explain the dreams we've been having and so that my Ba can apologize to you." 

"Well I'll be fulfilling only one of those and you can easily guess which one it is."

"Zou, please..."

"Raya, just as how he was not willing to listen to me when I tried explaining stuff to him and went as far as to ban me, I am not willing to listen to anything he has to say to me and I do not forgive his actions. I will be staying out of his way and I want him to do the same for me. This is one of the very few times that what you say to me will not affect my choice."

Raya sighed and felt a tear from her eye running down her face. She hated the tension between Zou and her father. Both are hurt and Zou is not willing to see him. Zou hugged her when he saw her crying. She wiped away her tear and said, "You know, this is how the world came back..."

"What do you mean? What is happening with me has nothing to do with trust."

"That's true. But I'm referring to what happened with Namaari. She hurt me on multiple occasions and even aimed an arrow at Sisu...out of fear, I fired at the bow but it caused the arrow to murder Sisu. I was hurt and fueled with anger and I even had the chance to kill her...but I just couldn't. Sometimes to fix what's broken is to take the first step. Some of the most beautiful things can happen when we forgive those that hurt us because now, Namaari and I are amazing friends, Kumandra is back, the Druun is gone."

Zou sighed and Raya saw how his expression softened. She gently rubbed the side of his face and whispered, "Trust me on this Zou, I know how it feels to be immensely hurt."

Zou pulled her closer to him and sighed. "It's hard Raya, but I'll think about it."

Raya smiled at him and said, "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure."

They held hands but then Zou said, "So about this new threat, they're specifically aiming for the Chiefs?"

"Yes, they believe that if they take power, they'll control everyone. And that's apparently what they want. I'm just curious as to who those people are. Why just see a land and want to terrorize everyone there?"

"To colonize? Gain resources? Those are only two of the many reasons on the table. But one thing for sure is, you're going to stay well protected by me." 

Raya smiled. "Thank you Zou."

"You're welcome Princess."

"But you know something that I still can't put my finger on? Yeah they want Kumandra but they seem so nonchalant about the dragons based on what Pengu said. I mean, hearing about a dragon is one thing but anyone would be in complete awe to actually see one of them. I feel like there's a more detailed motive behind this or maybe they have seen some horrible things that make those beings seem normal to them. And all this something that we are connected to." 

Zou agreed. There's got to be something more to it but then again, there is still a lot that they don't know about those strange warriors. While walking, Raya began feeling dizzy.

"Zou...I don't feel so good." 

"What's wrong?"

"I'm f-feeling..." Raya couldn't complete her sentence and Zou caught her just before she lost her balance.

"Oh no! Raya!" 

He picked her up and whistled as a cue for his serlot to come for them. The giant cat approached in no time and Zou went on him with her in his arms. She was groaning and begun sweating. Thankfully, they weren't far from the palace. He placed his emotions about Chief Benja aside since Raya was his current priority. 

"Where are the healers of Heart?" He asked one of the servants.

"Come with me...What happened to her?"

"She just fainted and began groaning."

When they went to the infirmary, Zou gently set her down but kept her hands in his. "Shh, it's okay Raya."

She was trembling too and it was almost as if she's in pain.

"Don't worry Sir, we will help her. Is she your... girlfriend?"

"No she's not." replied Zou.

He would've blushed at the question but he was too concerned about her and gave a simple reply.

One of the healers gave Raya some medicine to drink and in a few minutes, she began to relax. Zou felt relieved when he saw that she was doing better. Eventually, she stopped shivering and groaning and she was breathing at a normal rate. Word got to Chief Benja that his daughter had collapsed and he quickly went to the infirmary and was surprised to see that Zou was in there with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will happen between the two? More soon!