36: Getaway

Raya quickly went to find her father who was speaking to Adira. "I'm so sorry for interrupting but there's something important you both have to know before cremating the body!"

"What's wrong?" asked Adira.

Raya explained what Eriq told her and Chief Benja said, "Wow, it's a good thing that he showed up to let you know of this. I guess it's best to leave this in the hands of our superiors. I'll go inform the others. You and your mother can go join the crowd in celebrating his complete demise."

"Okay Benja." Said Adira. 

Adira left with Raya and they stood next to Zou, Namaari and Vashi. Namaari noticed Raya's demeanor and she held her hand and said, "Are you okay?"

"Raya nodded no while avoiding eye contact."

"What's wrong Raya?" asked Adira.

"Nothing it's just...I- I'm not sure if I want to see this."

"Well you're free to sit it out, dearest. You've been through immense trauma with the man." said Adira.

"I guess you're right."

"I know what you need dep la." Said Namaari, "A trip to Fang. We can go on an adventure if you like." said Namaari.

"Yes! And my favorite attraction is the great waterfalls." Said Zou.

"I remember it, I'd love to actually go there." Said Raya with a smile.

"Sounds perfect for you guys. Raya, if you really need that getaway from Heart, go take it." said Adira.

"Thanks mom." replied Raya, giving her mother a hug. She then sighed and went into the palace. Namaari followed after and caught up to her.

"Dep la?" she said, placing her arm across her waist.

"Hmm?" Raya hummed.

"Is everything fine?"

"No uh- just going to my room. Namaari, I know how much you love and care about me but I really need some time to myself." said Raya.

"Raya, you know I won't leave you by yourself. In the moments when we feel stressed and burdened, we are so tempted into thinking it's best to stay alone but it's the time when we need our loved ones to give us the comfort we desire." said Namaari.

She embraced Raya who accepted the affection then said, "Want me to help you pack for Fang?"

"Sure, thanks Namaari."

"Of course, dep la."

Everyone else stood outside as they awaited the cremation of Jiro's body and Eriq stood at the front alongside Pengu. When all was ready, Eriq used all his strength to create a powerful lightning strike that was extremely bright. He then directed it to Jiro's body and the rapid surge of current almost instantly turned him to dust. With a great push, Eriq directed the strike into the sky and it disappeared but afterwards, a great thunder followed that could be heard all over Kumandra. Everyone cheered and celebrated the complete annihilation of Jiro and there was a feeling of security and safeness across Heart. Later that day, Namaari, Raya and her siblings left to Fang with Chief Virana. 

That night, Adira felt at peace like never before. She stood at the window in Benja's room and enjoyed the cool evening air. Chief Benja entered after a while and smiled when he saw her. "Adira?"

Adira turned to him with a smile and said, "Hey Benja."

"How are you feeling?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Really great." she replied, melting into Benja's affection.

"That's wonderful, I am too. We finally no longer have this to worry about." replied the Chief.

Adira turned around and kissed his lips. "But there's something else that I should do."

"What's that?" asked Benja.

"I need to go back to Madilia and deliver the message that Madilians who want to be a part of Kumandra can do so, but completely avoid Tail. I also need to officially pass on power to Tyra." replied Adira.

"Okay Adira."

"For now, being in this room with you, in peace, is all I need right now." said Adira.

Benja kissed her lips and said, "I agree sweetheart. Let's go get some rest."

...................................................................................................

Back in Fang, Raya was enjoying the aesthetic of the land after unpacking. She'd be staying in Namaari's room and Vashi with Zou. They had dinner together with Chief Virana and the General who were very welcoming and then got a tour of the palace. However, at the break of dawn, Raya woke in pain. She sat up, being careful so that she doesn't wake her sleeping girlfriend. The pain was mild-moderate in her lower tummy and she went to the kitchen to make herself a hot cup of tea but one of the maids was already there who she met earlier.

"Good morning, your highness. You're up pretty early. Is this how you're an early bird in Heart?"

"Good morning Vivian, I'm not doing so well."

"What's wrong?" asked Vivian, going next to her.

"A tummy ache just happened to wake me from my beauty rest."

"Where exactly?" asked Vivian.

"My lower abdomen..."

"Your time of the month?" asked Vivian.

"No, I'm- I think it's probably because I didn't eat a lot yesterday. I came here to make some tea to soothe the pain." said Raya.

"Well allow me to do it for you. Wouldn't be so good of me to let the guest princess make herself some tea while in pain, right?" asked Vivian while getting the ingredients.

Raya playfully rolled her eyes and said, "It's no big deal, I've dealt with pain 100x this intensity...literally."

"Well, I refuse to make you suffer. Do you prefer chamomile? It will help induce sleep if you desire more rest."

"Sure, I'd love it. Thank you."

"No problem, Princess."

After drinking the tea, Raya returned to her room but the pain was still there. She was at least hoping to fall asleep and she did for another hour. This time, she woke in Namaari's arms. From the looks of it, Namaari had recently woke.

"Good morning beautiful." Namaari greeted with a smile.

"Good morning dep la." Raya replied.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Not...not really."

"What's wrong babygirl?"

"My tummy hurts. Earlier I went to get some tea for it." replied Raya.

"That means you need some medicine. How about you go to the infirmary?"

"Yea I will later this morning but I'm going to freshen up."

"Okay dep la." replied Namaari.

Namaari relaxed for a little more time but then she heard light sobs. She got up and went to the bathroom door and said, "Dep la? What's wrong?"

Raya only kept sobbing and Namaari sighed then said, "Raya, tell me what's wrong, please."

Raya opened the door and buried her face in Namaari's chest while crying. "What happened Raya?" asked Namaari while embracing her.

"I- I think I h-had a mis...carriage." replied Raya through her sobs.

"Wait, what? Are you sure?"

Raya nodded yes and Namaari said, "Let's go to the healers to be sure of this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! More updates soon!