3: Departing

Raya decided to challenge herself to getting some rest. As she drifted off into a slumber, she felt as though she was in a dream. She was alone, completely surrounded by darkness. But then a dark figure approached with glowing eyes. Raya backed away and in a timid voice said, "Who-who are you?"

The figure didn't respond and was slowly drifting closer to Raya. Raya felt a barrier and she couldn't move away any more. The figure raised what seemed to be a weapon and just as it was to strike Raya, she woke up, gasping.

She slowly calmed down but she felt stressed. That dream felt so real and it made her scared. Each night, her nightmares felt like they were becoming reality more and more. She sat up and couldn't help crying. She lacked sleep and she was so tired but fear kept her from getting the rest she needs. There she was, all alone in the dark. She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Eventually, she began dozing off again but she was startled when she heard her door open. It was her Ba.

"Dewdrop? Did you have another nightmare?" asked the Chief softly while closing the door and heading towards Raya.

Raya nodded yes and Chief Benja hugged her and said, "I'm here with you now. I just had an urge to check up on you."

"Ba...do you think...these dreams have meanings?" she asked.

"I don't think so and it's not a reason for negative thoughts to be bugging my heroine of a daughter. I really don't think they are real but I do think that they are a combination of the trauma that you had to go through and now that you're not on alert is when they're surfacing." explained the Chief.

"I suppose that's true."

Chief Benja pulled her close and said, "I'm here now, protecting you dewdrop. You're safe." 

Raya relaxed in his arms and said softly, "Ba, thank you so much for being here and caring for me."

"You're my daughter and my obligation Raya. And I'll always be caring for you." replied the Chief before kissing her on the forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too dewdrop."

Raya rested in his arms and she felt relaxed. After she fell asleep, the Chief concluded that she was okay and he returned to his room but not before kissing her cheek. 

Raya had another dream but that time around, she saw someone by a river just staring into the blue. As she approached, the person turned around but was still like a silhouette. "Who...who are you?" she asked.

"No one you need to know about." The figure replied in a tense voice then disappeared and Raya woke up but not in fear this time around but rather confusion. She got up to get herself refreshed before going to the breakfast table.

"Good morning Ba." she greeted her father with a hug.

"Good morning my dewdrop. How are you?"

"I'm feeling great Ba. I had another dream but it wasn't exactly a nightmare."

"That's good. I'm glad you got some rest." said the Chief, motioning her to sit next to him.

"It's all thanks to you Ba." said Raya. 

"Anything for my dewdrop. I also have to inform you that we will be having a guest here later today."

Raya groaned. "Is this one of those long, boring meetings?"

"Hmm maybe." The Chief smirked at her and said, "Don't worry, I don't think this meeting in particular will be boring."

"If that happens I'll go the year without ever eating banh knot."

Banh Knot was Raya's favorite food especially whenever she didn't feel for anything heavy. They were just right. The Chief chuckled and said, "I don't think that's a wise risk, Raya."

"Why not? It's never fun when other people come here and are just so...so FORMAL! It annoys me." expressed Raya.

"I still don't think that is a wise risk, Raya. I don't want you to ever have to cry over your most loved food. Choose something less intense."

"Oh no Ba, I am 100% guaranteeing you that I'll probably fall asleep midway."

"In that case, I'm almost confident that you won't be seeing any banh knot in a year's time."

Raya playfully rolled her eyes and said, "Game on, Ba."

"Wonderful. I also have a lovely outfit for you to wear. I know you still hate formal clothing so it's a little casual."

"Oh? That's great! Thank you Ba." said Raya.

"You're welcome dewdrop."

After breakfast, Raya decided to spend some time at the library, reading books about Kumandra's history. This was the only part of doing "princess work" that she enjoyed, especially reading about historical events. 

************************************************************

"You look wonderful Namaari!" exclaimed Zou.

"Thanks but this is uncomfortable and a little restraining for my arms. I couldn't even do my makeup properly!"

"Well you look fine. I'm sure Raya will say the same." 

Namaari blushed slightly at the thought of Raya complimenting her and Zou led her serlot to her and said, "I hope you have an amazing time with her and you both can fix things."

Namaari slightly shivered and said, "Yeah me too."

Zou handed her the twin blades she usually carried. Under no circumstance she lets down her guard, especially since she's travelling alone now. Chief Virana smiled at her daughter then approached and said, "Have a wonderful time, mist. Although I think Zou should go with you."

"Thank you mother, And I'll be okay on my own if that's what you're concerned about." replied the Princess, bowing to her mother before leaving to Heart.

"Please Namaari? The journey will be long but at least it won't be boring when you have company." said Zou.

"Hmm...Fine." said Namaari.

Zou smiled and he got his stuff before joining Namaari.

"Be safe, both of you." said the Chief.

"We will." they both replied.

******************************************************

In a few hours, Raya was moisturizing her hair and brushing through it, which made it a little straighter than usual. She actually admired herself in the new outfit. Long sky blue gloves, a sleeveless navy blue top with a geometric pattern that matches the color of her gloves as well as navy blue baggy pants and black boots. She felt satisfied then went to have lunch before the 'guest' arrived.

"You look so beautiful. The Heart princess is truly a sight to behold."

Raya blushed at her father's compliment and said, "All that praise goes to you Ba, the one who made me. Literally."

"Heh, right." replied the Chief with a chuckle.

Several minutes later after eating, word came to the Heart leaders that guests have arrived.

"Go ahead and see who's here." encouraged the Chief.

Raya took a deep breath before going out but she was surprised at who she saw.

"NAMAARI?!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay tuned for more!