27: Complexities

Raya sat on a chair in Namaari's room and anxiously awaited her. She was reflecting on what she said to her. 'I don't know why I was expecting better from someone like you.'

What Vashi had said was right. The past still hurts her and having that argument allowed her to release some of that pain in hurtful words. What if Namaari no longer wants to be with her? She feared that more than anything. She was startled when the door suddenly opened. She avoided eye contact and reserved herself. Namaari closed the door and then said, "Raya..."

Raya looked up at her and she said, "I'm sorry about my reaction to you saying you wanted to keep the baby... I was just...very upset because of all that man has done to you and you'd be stuck with that memory. But when you and Tyra were talking and you said what you said...is that how you really feel about me? You want to keep using my past against me, right?"

"It's not... It's not like that Namaari..." Said Raya softly.

"Then why did you say that?"

"I didn't mean it..." Said Raya in a broken voice. "And I'm sorry too."

"I accept your apology." Said Namaari.

Raya got up and hugged her as a way of saying thank you and Namaari accepted the affection. She gently wrapped her arms around Raya.

"Namaari I- I also need to talk to you about something."

"Go ahead."

"About what happened in the past between us...I never wanted to go back to it but I...I think that I still had some...pain in me about it. And I'm so sorry."

Namaari frowned and said, "I didn't expect you to even forgive me as quickly as you said you did dep la. But I just wish that you told me about how you were truly feeling."

"I didn't want you to think I want you to feel guilty about the past...that's why I never really mentioned it."

"I understand. But I want you to be the honest and open girlfriend you should be to me."

"Do...do you still love me?"

"Of course I do." replied Namaari, bringing her in for a hug. "My love for you isn't weak. Now...another issue at hand. The baby."

"Oh uh...I will seek help from the dragons."

"Okay but...Jiro actually took your virginity?"

"He didn't actually had intercourse with me. But... I felt him ejaculate on me down there and he also fingered me really hard."

"So his...fluids...would impregnate you... I'm so sorry you have to be going through so much."

Raya only nodded and then she said, "I want to kill him."

"Jiro?"

"Yes. I want to make him suffer."

"You will dep la. But for right now, let's go back out to everyone. I'm sure they want to see you." Said Namaari.

"Yeah."

They returned to the vicinity of the meeting room and Raya eyed Tyra. Tyra gave her a smile and went to her. "So I presume things are okay?"

"Yeah, thank you Tyra."

"Of course Princess. Your mom and I will be leaving now with some of Kumandra's warriors. We will be turning over Jiro."

"Okay Tyra. Have a safe journey back." Said Raya.

"Thank you."

Not long after, she left with Adira and about 10 of Heart's warriors. While Raya stood and thought about everything that's happened over the past few days and Namaari went to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?" she asked.