Lantern Festival

It was after the Christmas break and we were finally back in school. It was February, meaning the day of love would soon be arriving. It's a joke honestly, but some people enjoy that holiday. Girls would give chocolate to the guys they like and on White Day, boys will return the favor if they like the girl. Obviously the guy can deny it if they want. It didn't matter much to me, I was never given anything except from my siblings. Fuyumi gave us all chocolate on the day.

"Hey! Hey! Y/N!"

I heard the overexcited periwinkle girl say. She has been using my first name because of the amount of times we hung out together outside of school. I would help her with school work and she would help me as well. I could say the two of us were close and became best friends over Christmas break. We gave each other permission to use our first names.. more like I gave her permission.

I look over towards her, she was sitting across from me, next to Amajiki. She seemed to be bouncing as she had her phone in her hands.

"The Tokyo Lanter Festival is tomorrow! We should all go!"

She says energetically. The boys agree and I looked at them. Sighing a bit and agreeing to go. I missed out on their Christmas get together, and I told them the next event I would attend with them. This seems to be the next event. Hado was excited to be wearing a kimono. And the boys were more or less excited about seeing the beautiful lanterns.

It was already Friday, meaning we would meet up tomorrow. It was a festival that lasted into the nighttime so I imagine Nejire would want to hang out a bit while we waited for the festival to start.

"Should we meet up at your house, Nejire?"

I questioned. The boys looked a bit shocked that I was actually going and I just roll my eyes at their response. The periwinkle girl eagerly nodded her head.

"Tomorrow, at noon. We can get some lunch and then we can get dressed at my place, or shop around for some if you need any."

She says with a bright smile on her face. Then the bell rang for classes to begin, and we each went out separate ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuyumi."

I said as I entered the doorway of our home. I took my shoes off and heard her respond in the kitchen. She was doing the dishes, and I look at her, I stood in the door way as she turns around to look at me.

"I Um..."

I cleared my throat, and she looks concerned. She turns off the running water and walks over to me with a wash cloth to dry her hands. She tilts her head, letting me know to continue.

"For the lantern festival, I'm going with some friends. I wanted to see if that was okay with you?"

I could see the concern look wash off her face as quickly as she washed the dishes. She smiles brightly and ruffles my hair.

"Of course! Im glad you're getting out of your shell, Imōto."

She then grabs my hand and leads me to my room. She sits me down on the bed and goes into a certain part of my closet.

"We should look for a good Kimono for you to wear.. You don't wear them often, but hopefully we can find you a good one."

She said while searching for a kimono. She brought out a few choices to help me decide. My older sister had me try some on as well, and brought out matching wooden sandals for me to try on. When I put one of the last few on she started to tear up a bit. She then waves her hand and exits the room.