Year 2

It was the start of our second year here at UA. We knew going in, it would be the beginning of our work studies. This was heavily pushed at the end of the year last year.

Some of us were also recommended to get our provisional licenses before the winter break. Togata, Nejire, Amajiki, and a few others were recommended. I was recommended by our principal as he saw great potential in me. Obviously some people fought tooth and nail to prevent that from happening. Once again I proved them wrong. Sadly, this year we had a new teacher. I didn't like her too much, she obviously favored students who had little to no chance in the hero world. She favored those who were pretty and had pretty quirks.

I didn't like her much as a teacher, and already I can tell she didn't like me. She reminded me of these assholes I call classmates. Luckily I didn't have to be around her much longer, the bell rang for lunch, and before we left she told us something.

"Oh yeah, and after lunch, get your gym uniforms on. I will be having you battle each other, tournament style."

I rolled my eyes and quickly walk out of the classroom as my peers bursted into excitement. It didn't take long for me to make my way towards the cement table that I would sit at with my friends. I knew the three of them were in the same class and were slowly making their way towards me.

I didn't mind of course. I started to eat some of my lunch while waiting for them. Fuyumi had made a bento box for me and filled it full of rice cakes and (favorite food). I could hear a little bit of commotion, and look towards where the noise was coming from, it was the three of my friends. They were becoming more popular, and I understandably knew why. The three strongest people in our grade, and with great bubbly personalities. Besides Amajiki, he was still shy around everyone and I couldn't blame him.

They finally made their way towards me and I wave at them. Togata saw me and got super excited, he hugged me from behind and squeezed me.

"Sunshine! I'm so glad to see you! We didn't see you this morning, we're you running late?"

I pointed at the bento box in front of me as he lets me go and sits down right next to me.

"My sister was hell bent on giving me this bento box. She's noticed that all I take is apples.."

Togata frowns a bit, knowing that sometimes I don't eat. He's seen Amajiki give me portions of his food, but even then I would reject it, until he forced some food in my mouth. It was a rare sight to see him so demanding.

"At least you're eating. If you get full, don't worry about eating all of it. Hey, so what is your teacher doing to 'prove your worthiness' or whatever it is."

He asks, Nejire popped in, to sit in front of me. She was curious as well, Amajiki starts to eat his food. They were all looking at me, wondering. This is what sucked about being in different classes, teachers would test us differently.

"Tournament style combat. Don't know if it's using quirks or not, but I guess I'll see later."

I explain to them, they nodded their heads. We then started to talk about how our breaks were. I told them mine was filled with training. I would train my younger brother, along with perfecting some of my ice styles. They told me about their summers. Nejire mentioned beauty patients, and how she had fun with them. Mirio explained the adventures he went on with his father, and Amajiki said he visited a few animal shelters and took care of some of said animals.

The bell rang and I groaned. I got up and headed towards the locker room to change into my gym uniform. I got there earlier than anybody else, and I had double checked to make sure my wraps were on tightly. For some reason I felt like this teacher, her name was miss Rama. Or something like that. I didn't bother to learn her name too much. As I exit out of the locker room I walked towards the outside arena. I could see our teacher already there.

She glared at me and I just shrug my shoulders. It seems as though she told class 2-B that there would be a tournament happening and the class had shown up to watch. I saw my friends in the crowd and they saw me and smile. They waved at me, and mouthed for me to kick ass.

A few of my classmates finally made it and Miss Rama had displayed who would be fighting who.

She had put me up against Nala Nakamara, who was a wind user. She had black hair with green mixed within it. The green within her hair had matched her eyes. She was very pale, and was actually really pretty as well. Our fight was placed to go first.

"Rules are simple. Fight until one of you taps out, or is out of the ring. Fight on three, one. Two. Three!"

Miss Rama explains. Then just like that we were off. Nakamara had started twisting her hands, before she released a wind like tornado. She was trying to capture me and push me out before I even had time to make a move. Luckily her little wind tornado thing was rather small, it only reached to my height. I had taken advantage of this, collecting some ice and blasting myself within the air. Within the air I had made a bow, along with an arrow, made of ice. I pulled back and shot the arrow, aiming for Nakamara.

It wouldn't hurt her, I knew how to control my ice to where it didn't cause any casualties. For this arrow, it was made to freeze her to the ground. She was able to dodge the arrow, and point her finger at me. She started to shoot air bullets, while I was falling towards the ground. The arrow, had cracked on the ground, freezing some of the ground near where it cracked, I knew it would slowly make its way towards Nakamara, so I wasn't too worried about it missing.

As her air bullets were coming near me, I created a surfboard, and surfed my way down to the bottom, creating large icicles in a twisting manner. Some of her air bullets had penetrated the top, and it caused it to crack. The top was the weakest point, so it made sense for it to break. I landed on the ground and stood there, waiting for her possible next attack.

Her next attack was to lunge at me, only to be captured by the ice arrow that had shattered earlier. It had frozen her legs to the ground. I made my move and jumped behind her, pinning her to the ground, making sure she wasn't able to get out of my hold. She struggles for a bit before tapping out.

"The winner of this matchup is, Y/n Todoroki."

Miss Rama said. I released my ice from Nakamara, and she glared at me.

"You cheated."

"There's no cheating in battles. It's outsmarting your opponent. Maybe you should focus on bettering your quirk, than looking pretty."

I turn to walk away from her. I could hear miss Rama begin to talk.

"Todoroki, that's no way to talk to your peers."

"I don't remember asking for your opinion on how I should treat others when all they do is treat me like shit."

"In the hero world, you're going to have to get used to it. Instead of having an outburst like this every time someone insults you."

I turn back around and glare at the teacher. No one else could hear what was going on as the bleachers were a bit of a distance away. Instead of fighting the teacher, I walked away. I can clearly see what was happening, and knowing her she would use her superiority over me. I wasn't about to get expelled because of a teacher like this. I knew if I wanted to stay in the hero's course, I had to keep my mouth shut. For now at least.