Birthday

AN/ I apologize for the long delay in writing this. I got writers block writing this part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What the hell is your problem?"
~Y/N Todoroki
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up for class was hell. Having to put on this stupid tacky uniform, hell as well. In a class where almost everyone despises me, even worst. Either way, I wake up for the day and get dressed in my UA uniform. I looked at the calendar, I noticed that it was my birthday.. not that it mattered much. Just another day.

It would be nice to get a happy birthday message though.. usually Fuyumi makes a breakfast for me. I wonder if she's down stairs doing that now. Once I get my uniform on, I quietly make my way down the stairs. I get to the kitchen to see, nothing. Fuyumi left a note, though. I pick up and read that she had to go into work early.

Strange. She doesn't usually get called in to do early shifts, something must've happened. Either way, I check my phone to see that it was empty. I frown a bit. I shook my head and then headed out for school.

I felt as if I was getting worked up over a day I didn't even enjoy celebrating. Or at least haven't enjoyed, I guess it's just the fact that a little recognition would be great. Especially now that I have three amazing friends. It felt weird and like nobody really cared about me at all. Maybe that's the truth, huh? My siblings pretended, my father sure as hell didn't, my mother was in a hospital, and the big three.. they probably just used me for community service hours to make them look good. I thought they were my friends, I was hoping with them being around for my birthday would make it better. In fact it kinda did.

What's with these stupid feelings and thoughts? I tried shaking them out of my head, but they just wouldn't go away. They stuck with me throughout the whole school day. I didn't even bother to look for them at lunch, as I went to the training room just to train. My teacher was smug the whole day, and my classmates kept talking their same old talk.

If theyday couldn't have gone worst, one of my classmates made it to where I fell. They purposely tripped me in the hall way on the way to class from lunch. I guess they noticed I was in my head, and knew that they could easily do something to me. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to trip me. I was on the ground, all my books scattered around. Luckily I wear shorts underneath my school uniform.

"What the hell is your problem?"

I question the group that tripped me. They all started laughing. I glared at them, my anger got to me, as I all slightly froze them in place, not a lot of ice, but enough for them to feel. I was definitely not having it today. Everyone has a breaking point, luckily I wasn't too mad.

"You guys, everyday since I've gotten here, have been useless pieces of shits. Always talking, but not proving anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you all are not worthy of becoming heroes. One of these days someone will put you in your place, whether it be me or someone else."

I released my ice and walked off. The group was tiny, only 3 people. I knew they wouldn't say anything, as bad as that sounds, I knew the ones who would talk and others who wouldn't. This class was too easy to read, most not being ready to be in our second year. Most of this class barely passed. They're dumb, and I don't get how some of them got into Class A. Or even the hero course for that matter.

School ended rather quickly that day, I pull out my phone and still nothing, but a text from Shoto. I bit my lip, hoping it was at least someone caring. It wasn't. He needed me to pick up some drinks on my way home.

Out of all people, I was really hoping my baby brother would care. Honestly it seemed like nobody cared. I did as Shoto wanted me to do and picked up some drinks at a local store. The store clerk smiles at me and waved for me to have a great day. I nod my head and make my way to the house. As I got closer, I was prepared to be ignored. I took a deep breath. I haven't felt this was in a while, I felt as if my world was shattering.

Everything around me was breaking and the reality was seeping in, nobody cared, it was obvious. This world was cruel, but what can you do. Try your best to live in it really, and that's the reality I was stuck in. I hesitantly took off my shoes, as I walked inside of the house. I walked towards the kitchen, I open the sliding door that was in place.

"SURPRISE!"

I heard a lot of voices scream at once. I stood there stunned. This is what these little shits have done the whole day? They remembered but had this planned. I could feel myself start to tear up a bit, I heard footsteps quickly run towards me as I fall to the ground. There were three sets of arms were wrapped around me, hugging me. Periwinkle hair was in front of my face, strong arms were also wrapped around my side, and soft hands were on me as well. I could hear a camera shutter as three eyes were on me. They were on the ground with me.

I could feel Nejire's hands wipe away the tears going down my face. They all got off of me to look at me. We were all sitting on the ground as my legs couldn't bare to stand up. She was furiously wiping away the tears as she talks,

"Hey hey! Happy birthday you beautiful human being! We're sorry for not texting you earlier, but your sister wanted to make this day extra special. You deserve it."

Nejire smiles brightly at me. Amajiki apologized over and over for making me cry and I hug him softly to shut him up. I lean back and sit on my heels, I look at Togata. His bright blue eyes glancing at me softly. His smile was shining brighter than ever and I could see him reach into his pocket.

"I know that you'll be opening gifts later, but I really wanted to give this to you now."

He says happily. He hands me a small box that was wrapped up with (f/c) wrapping paper and a little bow on top to match. I unwrap it, and it was another box. Opening this box it reviled a sunflower necklace. The sunflower was slightly opened as well and it read "you are my sunshine."

Togata grabs the necklace out of the box and places it around my neck. It rested softly below my collar bone. I thanked him for the necklace and they could all see a slight smile forming on my face.

"Happy birthday, Y/N."

Togata said. With that they all got up and helped me up as well. We went further into the kitchen where all my siblings gathered around me and wished me a happy birthday as well. Fuyumi had made a cake, it was my favorite cake of all time. It matched the color theme of the room which was (f/color). I could feel happiness bubbling up inside me as Fuyumi began to dish out some dinner.

"Thank you, all of you."

I said quietly to everyone in the room. They all smile at me. Each smile was a loving one from a place of care. They knew that if I could smile brightly I could. They were looking into my eyes to see the happiness, as the act of smiling was so foreign to me. I walk towards the fridge to grab something to drink, and as I was opening the fridge, I noticed I hit someone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there."

There Togata stood, a goofy smile on his face as he holds his forehead. He looks at me and his face goes red. I could feel something in my chest warm up, and I couldn't describe the feeling as I look into his eyes. I tilted my head softly.

"Are you okay?"

"I am now."