✧ mason ─ distracted

── romantic

You didn't think it'd happen but here you were, at CIA Headquarters with your head down, too nervous to look at your supposedly teammates. When you first heard the news, you were confused, but somewhat happy! Then when you got there, miss Allison welcomed you into the team. Something told you she was just putting on a facade but what do you know? You just got accepted.

"Uh, no offense," one of Alpha Team started, likely directing it at you. "But is it really okay for them to go on a mission already?" Tilting your head upwards slightly, you see it was the brunette that asked the question. You understand where he's coming from and you can't help but agree.

Allison heaved a sigh. "Fine, (Y/n) can watch how you four do a mission so don't embarrass yourselves in front of them." The four males nodded, half of them nervous about the pressure that was just thrown onto them. You blinked before getting dragged by Ruby, escorting you to the control dock up above.

"(Y/n), welcome to Alpha Team." She started, giving you a small smile. "Hopefully you won't be as annoying as those four."

"Ruby!"

"Wow."

"Ouch, hurts doesn't it, Eddie?"

"What's that supposed to mean??"

It appears Ruby left her microphone unmuted but after actually pressing the mute button, she quietly laughed, you can tell she did it on purpose. "I sure hope not." You questioningly replied, unsure of what Alpha Team is at this point. Sooner or later, Allison and Stephen joined the both of you causing Ruby to clear her throat.

Adjusting the microphone, she unmuted. "Entry in sixty seconds." She announced as she began pressing various and certain buttons on the panel.

Looking at the glass, you see the squad squirm in their seats, attempting to adjust themselves. They all had such unique features and from what Allison told you, each of them ranged in different skills that needed to be used in the mission. You were expectant of the whole thing, really.

"Mason, stop staring at the newbie, dude!" Faint and muffled, exclaimed someone with an accent, you became flustered once you realized what he said. Eyes looking shifting from one person to the other down the panel, you note that the one with black hair and glasses shifted in his seat nervously, so you can only assume that he was the one that got called out by his friend.

Once the timer was nearing seven seconds, every one of alpha team hurriedly adjusted themselves in their seats for one final time before closing their eyes. Ruby hits a button on the wall causing the three monitors above the high-tech seats to change channel, it views Alpha Team digitalizing, pixels by pixels, inside of the game.

The brunette of the team, Eddie, seemed to hesitate on doing something before instructing the others to follow along, the other three scoff or roll their eyes.

Eight whole minutes had passed and the power percentage was at fifty-seven. After interacting with two funny looking NPC's in the game, the squad was ambushed and you swore you heard a quiet "Oh?" From one of the people behind you. Stephen had offered you a swivel chair earlier and you thanked him before sitting down.

Eddie was considerably a good person to run points, he hurriedly told the rest of the team a plan he quickly thought of before sprinting off with Buck.

"Eddie! slow down, you--"

"Oh, what's the problem, Buck?"

As response, the Irishman throws a bomb at the brunette's direction causing him to roll out of the way, the bomb ended up exploding one of the troops. Face morphing into one of relief, you watch the other two. Tommy found a vechile and was running over every single troop his eyes landed on while Mason would peer over the barrel he hid behind, shooting them. He managed to avoid shooting at the speeding vechile the mint haired male was driving and got a headshot on every single unit.

You were impressed by all four of them, but you can't help but be more impressed by Mason's skill. You considered yourself to have good aim (you could be biased, that could be a lie, who knows) so of course you're in awe.

"Guys, I think he's on an Eddie level of simping. He doesn't usually do this good!" A bullet barely misses the transportation person.

"Shut it, Tommy." Mason retorted, a slight tint crossing over his face before hiding behind the barrel. You smile at this, stiffling a giggle behind your hand.